Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Q3: Patriot

Hello all,

One day I had the idea to try and do a next gen version of some characters from one of my favorite FPS games, Quake 3 Arena. I did a hi res model of the character Patriot, but then crunch came along and I never got to building the low res model for him. But I thought I would post a pic of the hi res model. Done in 3DSMax and Z3, hope you like em'.

patriot_comp.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, that's really cool :)

I never thought Patriot's goggles were that big!
    His torso/shoulder anatomy seems a bit weird on the front. But overall very good work, nice presentation too.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hey Troy! Nice to see you here! Can't go wrong with Patriot, you know how much I love it too :P
    What was your feeling about the codpiece when you modelled it? When I did it on my version I was like, huh, okay the original Patriot is the coolest design but that part is just ... odd!

Can't wait to see it lowpoly-sed. What engine do you plan to use?
  • TBone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Pior! Thanks! Its nice to be back! Yeah I think the cod piece is interesting.. lol. It honestly hadnt dawned on me about the shape until I had already finished it :D

For choice of engine, I'm not sure. Are there some good 3rd party one's that can be used?

Thanks for the comments Mop. Yeah patriot had some big coke can goggles in the original. I went with a more real-ish tactical look for these.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, I'm liking this. Have you thought about deformation, like how his mecha elbow is going to work? Shoe size seems a bit small. Not sure about the tricep shape on his right arm, seems too short... or maybe it's the location of the elbow, which seems to close to the wrist. And is that a clitoris hiding in there? :D
  • TBone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah I snuck that in there just for you, EC :D