Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Swisher

Hi, I'm Nelson Izquierdo. Here's some of my work. Mostly just zbrush sketches. Pursuing a career as a character artist. C&C Welcome.

concept008.jpg
said_headturnaround.jpg
omar_headturnaround.jpg
treeseer.jpg
high_priest.jpg
nelsonizqMysceteDomWar3.jpg
highpoly.jpg
construction.jpg

My blog:
http://nelsonizq.blogspot.com

Replies

• GsKanible
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr. Nelson! GJ on your dominance war entry, i like how it came out. Seeing how he is bipedal, does that mean he walks to the surface frequently? cause if he does you should give his skin tone a tint of algae, since it grows on things that is in shallow waters (up to 300m deep, at least) would be a neat touch. also would be kinda neat to give him a school of fish that swims around him, or his staff at least, kinda like an aura. otherwise not a bad job at all.
    also I saw a post a long while ago about your burn victims, but the pictures in that post wasnt showing up, couldnt see them but I read the critiques tho and just wondering if these images are the versions redone after the critiques? otherwise only thign I could say is, on victims burnt as badly as they seem to be, their nasal cavities might close up and with the burns being so close to the child's right eye, it prolly woulda looked more real if the eyelids were fused to the eye itself, being soft tissue. I've seen that happen in a few burn victim images

still really god tho!
    I may need your help when I do my zbrush projects which im starting now actually, hope I see you around tomorrow
  • Swisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the critique George. Yeah I'll definitely be fixing up the texture on Myscete. The green algae is a great idea and I will be incorporating it in there. As for the burn victims, those are the old images; haven't gone back and fixed them because of dominance war and what not. I will go back and give those models a more realistic burn look, maybe since the project is over stylize them a bit more to be more evil looking or something. Thanks for the input. I'm starting an arm study atm, wanted to do something with SSS and a cloth study. Thought of a waiter and how they put a napkin or handkerchief on their arm. I'll definitely be at school Thursday (economics DUN DUN DUN!), definitely help you out on any zbrushing you need to do. Thanks again, later man