Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

police / microchiperer guy character concept

Feel free to give me the PolyCount smack down in terms of anatomy and everything else thats wrong.

here's the unfinished front view:
needleguypolycountjo0.jpg

It's mean to be a riot police looking guy FROM THE FUTURE who goes round microchipping people with needles.

Replies

• ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Face looks a little too honest to me but thats just me assuming you want a more shadier personality given the job description. (this is especially true for front view; side view he comes off a little more shady.)
    Arms might be a little too stumpy? Can't tell for sure though as it might be clarified when you add shading and I'm no expert on anatomy.
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    I'm guessing from the way you drew the face and body, you're planning on using these images as reference or maybe even textures too. My personal opinion is - don't. Your proportions are slightly off, and it might translate onto the model.

I'm not the world's best artist, but instead of writing a long paragraph explaining what looks off to me, I took the liberty of doing a quick draw-over. Hope you don't mind.

teacherjoshse9.jpg
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you both very much. :D

I photoshoped together some photo ref and used that instead.

here's what i have so far:
    lowpolyheaduz5.jpg
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    trying to pop out the jaw more and working out how to attach the ear
    headss1yl9.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    looks pretty good! the new reference images are much better too! in your previous post from the sideview he looks kinda squashed on the y-axis. don't know if you fixed that already.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    El Z0rR wrote: »
    thank you both very much. :D

I photoshoped together some photo ref and used that instead.

here's what i have so far:
    lowpolyheaduz5.jpg

Dude looks like a mix of Forrest Griffin and Wanderlei Silva. Are you a UFC fan or something?

n5su3a.jpg
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Japhir! :)
    Dude looks like a mix of Forrest Griffin and Wanderlei Silva. Are you a UFC fan or something?
    Hehe, I'm from Australia whats a UFC? :D

He's referenced from a fat psycho killer guy (which is partly why my original proportions are so off), combined with a 3DSK man.

I though might use those fighter guys as texturing ref. or something :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The super wide nose makes him look african. As it is now i dont see any connection from the model to the concept.
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @EarthQuake: What would you suggest? At the moment it's just a head, I'm making the head first then the body after. I think the nose would look better if I model in the crease around it and shrink it in a bit, might make him look less African?

I'm having a few issues with my edge flow. How do I make the cheek bone flow into the ear area properly?

What does everyone think of the ear so far looks like it has a few wrong edges to me?

headss2vv7.jpg