Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: BoilingOil

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
BoilingOil polycounter lvl 16
I've got a new computer and am ready to do some work!

In a few days i'll have some sketches of projects up. I want as much criticism as i can get!

Thanks! Later.

Replies

• BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Couple of things i'm working on: Just some sketches right now.
    First one is a Sword i'm going to add to Oblivion.
    sunshard_concept.jpg
    I call it Sunshard. I've got a story/quest that goes along with it, gonna make a little dungeon up in the mountains to go along with the weapon.

The second one is a character sketch i'm working on. Going to attempt at importing it into UT3.
    [img]http://www.boilingoil.com/images/bitbucket/Heavy Armor Vaultdweller.jpg[/img]
    I was playing fallout 1 and it inspired me to make this dude. I think this is kinda like the heavy armor? I just started this sketch - about 30 minutes of work, I plan on adding way more detail.
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I put the sword on the back burner for now, I'll come back to it later.

I almost have the model of this dude finished. I've been calling him the Dweller.
    dwellersheet.jpg
    I have to finish the head. I started on it, but I have to add more detail to it. I've added more rings to the elbow since this picture, and worked on the butt a little bit. I think I'll add some armor on the forearm too.

This is going to by my first character for UT3. I'm using it as a learning piece to get myself familiar with modeling, UV mapping, texturing, rigging, everything.

I've been working on this GoKart for Zero Gear too. I still have to texture it.
    zkart4.jpg
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finished the head of my UT3 Character:

dwellersheet2.jpg

Gonna start unwrapping and get it into Zbrush to do the highpoly stuff.
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dwellerupdate.jpg

I started working on this again after a long break. Having some trouble with the seams in the texture (look at the top of the head/forehead and the inseam on the leg), but I assume that's because it's just a flat color and the normal map.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    looks like you have a lot of things going on at once; but you seem to handle it well.
    Everything looks decent, but perhaps you may benefit from asking some of the very talented people around polycount for advice.