Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

website Rework

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
seforin polycounter lvl 17
So revamping the site a bit , I unfortanetly need to wait to upload some more work related things ive done the last few months , but that will be changning via next week or 2, honest opinion based off content you see on the site right now think its enough to look for new work or no?

I put a copy of the reel in my resume section so hopefully that works let me know

www.seforin.com

Replies

• kwakkie
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    I think you'd be better off if you removed some of your old work. That domokun model for instance, Im pretty sure that you can remake that with the skills you have learned in the past year. You could probably remake it in an hour with 1/6th of the polies and a much smaller texture that doesnt waste 90% of its space. That warjack is very nice, it clearly shows you know how to work with UV-space efficiently and shows you know how to use techniques like specular/normalmapping.

What Im trying to say is: Some of the pieces in you portfolio dont represent the skill you have right NOW very well, so they can only make you look bad.
  • Asmuel
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Looks way better man.

I would leave out the first 2-3 things in the 07 catagory. Human likenesses are hard to nail, and really off putting if you don't get them right, atleast for me. I don't think you nailed those ones, your newer stuff is much better. In my mind, you judge an artist on the average of the quality of their work across their portfolio, and those might be pulling your average down. Not sure if that last sentence made any sense.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    that domo will be the death of me I knew it, ironically I only kept it there since it was work done in the past for the company, so it showed I had more "professional work" even though not so professional compared to something else,

what other things in the 07 you guys dont like asside from domo?

I will also have a working in game screenshot of the dawn of war biker guys soon from that mod group I gave them to a while ago..took them for fucking forever but hopefully soon I'll get it tongue.gif

Also did anyone try to dl the reel? Does it work? I need to have someone tell me how the connection is if it works proper or not?
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Honestly I'd remove the last 4 of your models from 2007 (Domo, pixie, knight, and DW2 entry). They all bring down the general quality of your portfolio, the rest much more accuratly represent your current skill level. Although, I think you would want to get some more new work up their as well sense after that your port is going to look somewhat bare.