Home Technical Talk

Photoshop CS3 path question.

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Japhir polycounter lvl 16
Hi guys, I recently got photoshop cs3, because my 6.0 was kindof outdated wink.gif

When working on textures i used to have a path for the exact uv positions on the texture. (done with the unwrap to path plugin i found somewher). But now when i try to free-transform my selection (Ctrl+t) it tries to transform the path in stead of the pixels... (photoshop 6 didn't do that because it couldn't transform a path like that wink.gif )I can first hide the path, then press ctrl t, then show the path again but that's kindof annoying. So is there a way to "freeze" or lock the path? so i can only work with my pixels?

thanks in advance!

Replies

• Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    I run into the same problem all the time. The only solution I've found is the same hiding the path with ctrl+h and then transforming.
    It'd be awesome if someone's found a work around though smile.gif
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    how do you select polygons as paths using this tool?

-Buddikaman-
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    with psd pathunwrapper. here

anybody any idea? smile.gif
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A ghetto workaround... make a black Color Fill layer, set it to Screen (so it's invisible), set the path as its Vector Mask, give the layer a Stroke Layer Effect, set it to white + 1 pixel + center.

It's pixellated but the lines are exactly centered on the path so it's still accurate.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm that seriously sounds like a ghetto workaround wink.gif
    i tried it, and it resulted in some white lines, but not on the appropriate places... and btw, wouldn't it be just as easy to just create a new layer and stroke the path with a one pixel brush? i don't like that though, because you get a pixellated line, that also appears on your model when you save the texture. that was the great thing about using paths, they don't change the texture itself so you can save it without having to hide a layer first. (i know how to do that in the action tab btw.)
    there MUST be a way to do this laugh.gif lol wink.gif
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry man, not possible. Work Path has to be active for it to be seen, which means it's also active for Free Transform, etc. There's no "lock" for Paths.

You might be able to write a script or plugin for it though.