Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Femal head - seeking advice

etsuja
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
etsuja polycounter lvl 17
Been working on this model on and off. I'm going for a realistic look but so far it just doesn't do it for me. I'm not sure what to do though... anyone that can give me some advice as to what I should do? I'd prefer to keep the same number of polygons but that might be what's giving me problems. What can I do with the texture to make her a little more realistic?

chifacelz4.th.jpg

Replies

• dreigrasheir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    id say a few really small tweaks would make this look a little better. the nose looks great until that bottom ridge. the mouth and nose are pretty well spaced, so grab both and move it up a touch to shorten the overall nose length. also maybe make the eyes a little less stretched horizontally? good stuff so far!
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    I don't know if you've done this already but if you want realism, modeling off a photograph sure helps. As for your model, the cranial area seems abit small. Texture wise, you're getting that clean cartoony look. Get some brushes and add some fine details in the skin like pores and some light wrinkles in there.

Also, if you can, include some wireframe shots to see if the meshflow will serve for proper facial animations.

Looking good sofar!