Modeled in Maya, Painted in Photoshop.

poses.jpg
CG_Wireframe.jpg

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    The shoes are really ways to big/deformed, and actually don't look like real feet could comforably fit inside them.

Otherwise not bad.

P.S.: the upperlip is a bit stiff and too strait.
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    I think you have the eyes in reverse. The upper lid is higher up then the bottom lid, making her look very surprised. if you look at eyes, you'll notice that the lower lid is lower and has more of a curve then the upper lid.

Her jacket color is very similar to her skin color. make more of a difference so they don't blend as much as they do now.

Pretty cool over all.
  • dreigrasheir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, i tweaked the lip and cheeks a bit, and played with the the vest color and other small tex stuff. BTW the shoes are intentionally big... thats how the character is drawn hehe. Thanks for the input so far!

CG_newTex.jpg
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    Hm, she's looking good overall. Just a few things I noticed.

The textures could afford to be sharpened up quite abit. They look as if they're painted right on the model (yes, technically thats what it is, but we don't want it to appear that way too).

Silhouette wise, the hands are quite flat. Round them out - and how you do it - will ad abit more character.

Modeling wise, i notice alot of 6 star vertices. Anything more than 5 will take away from a clean mesh flow. I'm not sure but I'm think this is more applicable to character modeling than environment. So I think its best to avoid these when you can. I've included a picture to show what I mean.

mehjm9.jpg

Other than that, she's coming together quite well!
  • EggE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EggE polycounter lvl 11
    i think she has a lot of character, i gotta say im not a huge fan of the shoes but its not like you can change that, the characters done, but what you maybe might consider changing is the color of the jacket because it blends in too much with her skin. I think its also because of those white things around her arm that make it SEEM like her sleeve is rolled up. other then that good work.
  • dreigrasheir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey all. got her rigged up and did a short idle animation. This is a really old project, so i'll probably move onto something else after this and perhaps a walk loop or something. I cant even begin to tell you the last time i animated a character... surprising how quick it comes back to you!

pangarang- yeah, this is a fairly old model... i started it almost a year and a half ago, so ive learned more about the star verticies and such since. I'll see what i can do about the hands :)
    egge- i already adjusted that some, just hadn't posted a picture of it yet :P

FRONT VIEW: http://www.3dgstudios.com/images/CG_Front.avi
    REAR VIEW: http://www.3dgstudios.com/images/CG_Rear.avi