Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

massbots Project

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
I've finally decided to start posting and contributing to the forum, the work here is pretty inspiring and mega helpul at times I must say. I'm in my final year of study, and working on my final project. I've got some finished-ish stuff to show at the moment to show, so wip's will can be critiqued easier in the future. So Hi !

I wont bore you with too many details, but basicaly in my project+game idea, the player grows little native people in their nature loving little world, to stop the big bad invader from destroying it. the final aim of the project is to have an avi mockup of the gameplay etc, which i'll talk about another time laugh.gif
So here is some of it so far, i'm currently beginning the environment which i'll post up soonish wink.gif

[img]http://www.curtad.com/poly/1.beauty copy.jpg[/img]

2.tech2.jpg

3.textureconcept.jpg

funrender.jpg

[img]http://www.curtad.com/poly/sheet1Mainnative copy.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.curtad.com/poly/lods copy.jpg[/img]

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 16
    wow, very nice.

The first one is disgustingly awesome.

The little green dude is pretty cute, I think it'd be neat to make a few variations on just that one guy, so they all look the same, but not identical?
  • Adam Curtis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! Ye that's the plan for the final stuffs, will vary the leaf formations, body paints and masks etc! gotta leave that for now, as time's ticking away and I gotta get cracking on the environment wink.gif

cheers.
  • KonamiCode
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KonamiCode polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome stuff, very inspiring!
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah the first one is uterly disgusting and disturbing. Good job.

The cartoon tree guy is pretty cool too.
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you should put different coloured markings on the little green guys, rather than just that yellow colour imo.
  • Monochrome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very good LPM but TBH i like none of the chars.
  • Adam Curtis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol fair enough Monochrome smile.gif

El Z0rR - Ye I think bit of a mix of colours would be a good idea thanks.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking at them again, I still like both models/textures, but they don't look like they fit together very well in a single game. . . not sure exactly what it is, I think the face on the fat guy is too realistic or something. still good work.
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's the fact that the green guys look a little cartoonish compared to the big ugly guy. Perhaps you could try putting more realistic eyes on the green guys?
  • Adam Curtis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oringinally the native people were a lot more realistic (see the faerie pic) but i decided to change after some crit. The gameplay is set on the natives home world, which is super clean/natural and friendly, the fat guy has been sent there for search for fuel because man is too lazy to use renewable resources and greed has pushed them to other planets.
    the player is the natives god, and must pick up and actually throw the natives at the big guy, sacraficing them for the greater good wink.gif researching upgrades like catapults to launch more at a time, and finally pushing him back onto the next stage.
    For the reason that the player is actually picking up and throwing these little people to their doom, it was deemed a bit inapropriate to have them realistic.
    Right with that explained, I am defo gonna take the crit and maybe alter them a bit more, back story + gameplay etc isnt an exscuse for art that doesnt look right!
    cheers for the comments + crit!

4.FairieNative.jpg
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the native's style is good, and I think if anything, you should try modifying the texture for Fatty to match. I don't think you'd have to do a lot.