Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Models

I've been coming to polycount for a few months for inspiration and knowledge. Now I would like to share some of my models with everyone and become a regular here at PolyCount.

The Reaper model is 6,986 triangles
reaperfront_by_rambolikesford.jpg
reaperback_by_rambolikesford.jpg
This is a work in progress of a robot that is tearing himself apart.
robotback_by_rambolikesford.jpg
robotfront_by_rambolikesford.jpg
A skull. For practice.
skull_by_rambolikesford.jpg
Setting up a render of Venom with a toon background.
venom2_by_rambolikesford.jpg
Please let me know what you guys think!

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I like the reaper and the robot, but your poly distribution is a bit off. You could make the reaper's tubes lower (perhaps the head as well) and venom has insane polygons in the upper body with a much lower polycount on the legs.. The legs are fine though, you should chop some polys off the upper body I guess.

I'd love to see the Reaper textured, have you thought about giving him a half cape on one shoulder? If you make it rugged and torn it would make him really bad. I know he's on the sci-fi side a bit, but he the scythe makes me feel it would fit I guess...

/edit as a sidenote, you might be in a bit too much of a hurry setting up scenes before even texturing the models?

/edit no. 2 - And welcome! grin.gif
  • EggE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EggE polycounter lvl 11
    i like the gas mask dude, you can cut down on some poly's on the arms and especially the tubes going from his mouth and extruding out of his torso. the skull and gas mask guy have a nice mesh flow compared to your last image of the really huge guy with balls...everywhere...it looks like you understand the torso more than other parts of the body unless you want it to look "cartoonie" but nice work.
  • Piotr Słomowicz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piotr Słomowicz polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah nice proportions and all. Like mentioned before could use some optimization. By the way you modelled him in this pose? Ain't it gonna be a little bit tricky to rig that?
  • firstblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaks so much for the feedback!

I have the uv's layed out for the reaper model, so i plan to try some texture work.
    I'm fairly new to laying out uv's and texturing so it is still very much a learning process for me.

I also realize the reaper model wasn't modeled in the easiest way to be rigged so i'll definitely keep that in mind on my next models.

Thanks again.