Home Technical Talk

Photoshop 6.0 annoying bug

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Japhir polycounter lvl 16
Hey guys, I recently ran into a very annoying bug in photoshop 6.0 (yeah, i'm still using a very old version.)
somehow my mouse turned into the "Hand Tool"(H), (the one you can pan your zoomed view with) and won't switch to the currently active tool. the button of the tool is pressed, but when for instance i want to draw with the brush tool or select stuff with the marquee tool it remains the "hand tool".
so some help on this would be most welcome, because i can't work on anything like this frown.gif.

thanks!

Replies

• Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm weird... now it suddenly does work normally again... any idea what to do to fix it next time?
  • Eric Chadwick
  • Mark Dygert
    I seem to remember this being a common issue with sticky keys. It is triggered when you hit shift 5 times in a row, it keeps the last key combo entered, active until you press another key. Really annoying most of the time.
  • Michael Knubben
    I know I was on Photoshop 5.5 for quite a while, but 6? At least get 7 man, the brush-engine is great. And yeah, Sticky keys not only fucking suck, they're also hard to get rid of. Once they're on (and saying 'no' or 'cancel' or whatever on the dialog that informs you of sticky keys doesn't stop it from getting turned on) they're hard to find in the control panel or whatever, and then unchecking the tickboxes doesn't actually turn it off either, you need to go in and uncheck everything, or something. Fucking shit.

But yeah, look into your spacebar, as well. If it happens again, even after a reboot, try taking out the keyboard and seeing if that fixes it. I had a keyboard that would do that every now and then, and it took me a while to track it down.
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys!
    my spacebar doesn't seem to be stuck, and i've never heard of the "sticky keys" thingie you mention. (i didn't get a popup dialog). well, it works now anyways.
    i guess it's time to upgrade to a newer version tongue.gif

thanks again!
  • Michael Knubben
    Waitwait, you're with GameArtisans? Why did we even bother?!

A curse of a thousand sticky keys upon your person!