Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SCI-FI chick with tights

t4paN
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
t4paN polycounter lvl 10
This is for a uni project I'm doing, 5700 tris or something around that. Crits, paintovers, whatever are what I'm looking for as I want to finalize the model asap to start with the highpoly in zbrush and then texture it.

I'll fix the unrealistic shoulders and redo the hair now, since the hair she currently has is crap.

111.jpg

Untitled3121-1.jpg

Hand in date is coming, so let 'er rip and be cruel as possible, kthx grin.gif

(the head isn't connected to the body and I haven't symetry-ied the body yet btw)

/edit here's the concept

6.jpg

Replies

• Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Okay now. I don't want to be insulting. But that sci-fi chick is way, way too manly. And I'm thinking it has everything to do with the proportions. Whenever a female character has shoulders that are broader than her hips, she looks like a man. Just as a general rule of thumb, women are supposed to have broader hips than they do shoulders. And conversely, men are supposed to have broader shoulders than hips. Take in those shoulders on her a bit more, and put a little more roundness to her hips.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I appreciate it Richard! I had the shoulders in mind but didn't think about the hips. I've corrected both now.

Here is the body without the shoulderpads/belt, after I worked on those two areas.

Untitled3433-1.jpg

Further criticisms would be really really appreciated!
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    I think her arm could be a little thicker from the front view. It looks fine in the side, but kinda thin in front. From the size of her hips, legs, boobs, this isn't a frail woman, so slightly bigger arms should be ok.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Good improvement! I'd say scale down the hips just a tad but keep the badonk-a-donk. smile.gif
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    This was posted in the reference thread, it could help with anatomy http://placidchaos.com/AM/index.php/2006/02/
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks guys, I've been adding the final touches today, scaled the hips inward without taking much from the ass. Wait, that didn't sound right - without taking much away from the ass anyway.

I also kinda fixed the lower abs, they obviously could do with some improvement. I'll see about the arms, you're obviously right.

tinman, wow, thanks for that download, looks like a lifesaver.

Untitl222ed-1.jpg

Un111titled-1.jpg

There it is. Any ideas/crits/suggestions on the hair would be helpful, I'm unwrapping tomorrow and will update again once the normal map is applied. Hopefully not after deadline o_O
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thanks guys, I've been adding the final touches today, scaled the hips inward without taking much from the ass. Wait, that didn't sound right - without taking much away from the ass anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Looks alot better. Are you gonna do some sculpting?
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Yes I will. This is for my final year project @ uni, and I have another character to finish (I decided to unwrap that first) so I'll get to sculpting the bitch in a couple of days if all goes according to plan.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Might wanna look at some nude pics if you have to as these tennis ball breasts are way too distracting...
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    She's supposed to be wearing a latex-style suit, do you think I should make the cloth "bridge" between the boobs instead of having them separate? I wanted to make them look semi-supported.