Home Technical Talk

Problem with Wacom Intuos 3

Super
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Super polycounter lvl 18
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue: When single clicking (by tapping the Pen once), mine has started to double click. This driving me mad, and slowing me down work-wise as I'm having to undo mistakes. It'll only happen 7-8 times out of 10, but still. Uninstalled any additional mouse software, and even spoke to Wacom who suggested turning the click pressue to 'firm' (I shouldn't have to alter any of my settings to *make* the device work as it was!). Useless.

Anyone? I suspect it's a defect and I will have to wait many weeks for a replacement. frown.gif

Replies

• StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you sure you set your wacom option to "click". At first there isn't a rollout, but when you click on the word beneath the tip, a rollout will still pop-up, and you can change it to anything. Double-check to make sure it's on single click and not double?
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the nib it was set to 'Click' in the options. I've not changed anything, it just suddenly started doing it a few weeks back. I've done all the diagnostics tests and they're fine so I don't know why this is happening.

Hugely frustrating.
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    The last options are to probably to change the pen nib, buy a new pen, or reinstall the pen software and tablet driver.
    Borrow a friend’s pen to see if the pen is.
    That double clicking thing sucks tho.
    Good Luck!
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone know how in the hell you get the contact number for faulty hardware? It's pathetic. I spoke to them via e-mail, and they told me to look on the CD Driver's readme for it. Which I don't have.

This company is testing.
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    Here ya go, off de driver cd for an Intuos 3 tablet. There were no "read me files" so to speak on the CD but their was a file when the CD booted up called "technical notes" and that is where I got this info from. I explored the CD thoroughly too. I assume you are still in Europe because of your profile.

Europe, Middle East and Africa
    Phone (Austria): +43 (0) 1.790.825.550
    Phone (Belgium): +32 (0) 2.275.0691
    Phone (France): +33 (0) 1.7020.0070
    Phone (Germany): +49 (0) 69.6630.8200
    Phone (Spain): +34 91.787.0346
    Phone (Italy): +39 (0) 2.4528.7050
    Phone (Netherlands): +31 (0) 20.517.4705
    Phone (Switzerland): +41 (0) 1.212.2818
    Phone (United Kingdom): +44 (0) 207.744.0831
    Phone (Other countries): +49 (0) 180.500.4397
    FAX: +49 (0) 180.500.4398
    Email: support@wacom-europe.com

Europe, Middle East and Africa
    Worldwide Web: http://www.wacom-europe.com
    Anonymous FTP: ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/

USA,CANADA,etc
    USA, Canada, Central and South America
    Worldwide Web (English): http://www.wacom.com/productsupport
    Phone: +1.360.896.9833 (English,
    7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday,
    8:30 am to 5:00 pm Friday, Pacific Time)
    FAX: +1.360.896.9724 (English)
    Inquiry Form (English): http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/email.cfm

Phone (Brazil): +011.5041.9515

Good luck!

DOW3 Entry
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, amazing scenes from Wacom. Having spoke to the help line they told me to send the pen to their repair centre in Germany, where it would take 3-4 weeks for a replacement!

I explained to the person that time is kind of important, as I will lose work. Thinking she was going down the reimburstment route, she suggested that I buy another pen whilst this one is being repaired... but no, "then you would have 2 pens, so this would never happen again" she said. AMAZING. £430 spent, 11 months ago...now I have to buy another £70 pen.

Thanks Wacom, I will now NOT be buying the Cintiq I was thinking of. Christ.