Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - petrol - untitled

I realise I'm really late, and may not get the chance to finish in time for competition closing but I wanted to try regardless. Concept isn't finished yet but it's almost there - here's some of the very wippy stuff.

conceptyih7.jpg
1. Stalker - spindley evil assassin creaturey thing.
2. Cleric - manic evil medic creaturey thing.
3. Combination of the two.
4. Bit more developed.

So generally I was happy enough with #4... (and with no time to waste) another iteration with paintover...

darkclericoidsmalliq0.jpg
Heres some info of whats going on: Skinny, evil, manic goblinoid thing. He wears tight clothes and straps to accentuate his form, bandaged legs, a ragged hooded cloak and a fuck-off massive medical artifact on his right arm. This leads, via hide tubes, to various alchemical and coloured fluids in stoppered bottles strapped to his back. He wears various other potions around his body. The artifact contains glass reservoirs of liquid that glows and pulses as it flows around, and eventually is disgorged from the giant syringe between various blades etc at the end of the arm.

Proper painted job should arrive shortly.

EDIT: Sorry I should add that I'm going for a Cleric/Darkness. That's right, an evil medic. Like the kind that puts down your perfectly healthy dog.

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Sweet!
    The needle of the fuck-off massive medical artifact could be more imposing, that's my only crit.
    Looking forward to more, and welcome to the war!
  • petrol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firstly thanks for the comment Jaco, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Do you mean make the needle thicker/ bit more painful looking? Or maybe make the needle stand out more by adapting the surrounding hull of the artifact? Cheers for the support - really cant wait to get modelling this little bugger.
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    late entry, but totally awesome concept!
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Bigger,scarier,longer smile.gif The needle is very iconic and a big part of this design (imo), most people shit themselves at the thought of getting an injection, and I think you could really ‘play’ with that fear, exaggerate it, give them a reason to shit themselves smile.gif ATM it’s just a normal needle, attached to an awesome looking syringe.

I realize that an old, rusted bloody needle with pieces of flesh hanging from it wouldn't really fit with this character, so you’d have to come up with another way of invoking fear of the needle.
    Maybe a needle with hundreds of tiny little recurved hooks/barbs on it, so that the victims flesh gets ripped out when the needle is pulled out, or something like this:

Needle.jpg

Anything that looks painful really.
    Just an opinion of course, it looks pretty badass already smile.gif
  • petrol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for taking the time to do that Jaco, only trouble though is that this artifact is also meant to heal as well as kill (teamfortress-esque) so stabbing your teammates with a barbed needle may not be the best way to make friends on the battlefield smile.gif Thanks for the input regardless though.
  • petrol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: finished painting... I probably wont finish in time of course but I'll carry on anyway and just hope for a magical extension on the time limit smile.gif Still, excited to get stuck into him.
    darkclericqi1.jpg
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    cool pose/proportions.

However, I am not a fan of the color scheme.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    well, don't count on it but the last 2 years an extension was given.. so dont give up!
  • petrol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir: fair enough, I'm likely to go with darker variations on the actual textures - I'll see what looks better on the model.

rooster: I certainly won't expect one, but either way i'll still get on with it and hope for the best smile.gif