Home General Discussion

3dsmax 2009 and 3dsmax Design 2009 feature list(s)

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/blogs_ken/blog_detail/3ds_max_design_and_3ds_max_2009_announced/

Basically they are canning VIZ and splitting 3dsmax into two flavors, games/tv/film and arch/design. Considering they just doubled their engineering dept this should be good news because going forward our industry will have 3dsmax's full attention. Hopefully this is the end of pointless updates.

Oh and the hated viewcube comes to 3dsmax... wee...

Replies

• Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Oh and the hated viewcube comes to 3dsmax... wee...

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Max had a View Compass like Maya did, then you guys will probably like it. The reason most Maya users dislike the viewcube was that the compass was much easier to use.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Isnt the viewcube just messing with the current cam properties instead of actually switching cam anyways? It always seemed a bit awkward to me...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm all for it. Sounds like we'll have a dedicated team to work on movie/game max, which will be nice. Should lead to some streamlining of tools, and updates that pertain directly to things we use on a daily basis.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know how useful this will really be. It sounds like they're only talking about hiding some of the design stuff deeper in the regular edition, and the other way around. If they actually get some people onboard who don't hate the users, this may work. I'm all for a redesign of the interface, I'm just not entirely certain I'll like what Autodesk comes up with.