Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Showster - Unnamed

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Showster polycounter lvl 18
Hi all, heres a starting point, going to do a few 3D doodles. Not quite sure on where its going yet.

snarf.jpg

Replies

• Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    Keep it coming, I see a little geometry that you could probably reduce, how about some quick concepts to give you ideas!
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dragon.jpg

Had a muck about trying to create a parrot/ dragon for the goblin. 2 styles so far 1 is like a t-rex dragon take and the other is more of an oriental longer dragon(Didn't optimise any geometry yet). Might try to do some winged variations after, gonna try and make a seat / throne for the goblin now.

I'd love to post some concepts but my scanner is borked on the wonderful vista XD. But heres a couple of ideas I'm testing in text form frown.gif

Possible Ideas

1) Turn the goblin into a jester type guy with a septer and pet dragon, the lizard will be kitted out with a sadle, more horns and spikes etc..

2) Turn the goblin into a war lord and fit him with weapons and bulk him up some what, kit out the beast with lots of chains and battle damage

3) Make the goblin native american and skinny, give the beast a more chameleon feel with much slender proportions.

Colours schemes

1) Reds, greens and browns (earthy / fire)

2) Blues, greens and gold (some sort of oriental scheme overall)

3) Analogue style with plenty of varying greens backed on some forest camoflauge

4) Complimentary

5) Maybe cell shaded / warcraft rendered

Any ideas comments and suggestions welcomed as always.
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump

Goblin.jpg

Slowly getting there, looped off 5,000 tris back on budget a bit. Trying to make the goblin a bit more interesting now, I want to do something different to warcraft / games worksop but meh. Any ideas on guys on what you think a goblin shaman / wizard should be?
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    cool character.. and i love this little dragon *G*

but i think the leg positions from the big lizard are awkward. Even so the size of them

varan

he has to be able to carry his wight

and did i said i love this little dragon smile.gif
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update goblinrider2.jpg

Thanks rollin, I've rebuilt the joints on the big lizard and altered the positions a bit. I still need to fiddle with them some more. Running out of time now hehe laugh.gif
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some advice on the anatomy and legs, also walloped on a club at the end of the lizard tail.

Updated.jpg

I did do some sculpting but this has been binned, didn't like where it was going.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    much better legs now!
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks rolling, heres a bit of an update on the whole mapping thing not happy with the wasted space. A few more tweaks and hopefully can get into zbrush.

Wire.jpg

Checkers.jpg
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoblinUpdate.jpg

Early Normal Map Progress