Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII-2D-mjpittman-Aria Bell

monsterpapersketch2a.jpgI hope this works. All right, here's some prelim sketches of my character, Aria. She's an Invoker of the Fire/Lava persuasion. I was thinking about the mythes about salamanders and such while drawing this.

...yeah, she needs a tail. Also, I know salamanders don't have scales but if someone knows how to beast some, I'd appreciate it if they could give me some tips.

monsterpapersketch1a.jpg I'm thinking about calling the artifact, the "Salamander's Eye." It gives the wearer the ability to become fire and shoot fire projectives.

monsterportraitsketch.jpg

monsterportraitsketch2.jpg Not sure what I was thinking when I drew this one.

3/20/08
abwip6.jpgAlrighty, tried to incorporate the helpful comments in. Quite possible failed at that. But now at least she looks lizard like.
abwip4.jpgAnd she has a tail now! Yay! Also, thinking about incorporating the logo into her spots. The whip will be her weapon. I think it plays off the lizard/amphibian thing and whips are drastically underused.
abwip5.jpgA classmate suggest I make her clothes out of lava somehow. Seems like a good idea, though which shape would be better? A one piece type thing? A dominatrix like thing? It'll be on her legs too.

Replies