Mihai Dobrin polycounter lvl 14
Name: Gaa-rut
Race: human/mutant
Class: invoker
Artifact power: Water

Last update:

The artifact head:

Artifact_003.jpg

The other tentacles will share the same space on the texture so there is no need to model them too.

Replies

• Mihai Dobrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GAA-RUT

Life has its seed into the depths of the ocean. The gods decided to return it to the ocean.
    Polycountians mistakes towards their own existence returned them at the beginning of their path. After the last war the ocean washed away all their mistakes and covered the remaining of their sins, leaving a few islands where the high mountains once had been.

Only few survived, due to their capacity to adapt to the environment.

For fear of a new punishment of the gods in witch they hadn’t believe only a few generation back, they now respect the body that serves them and the place that protects them. They are so powerful that, if one of them dies, they know they will be a weaker community, and that – they cannot afford, so they love and cherish each other. Their society is based on no laws, but on wise peace and love for each other. They communicate by the vibration of their thoughts, and that leaves no room for misunderstanding or treachery.

The menace of a new attack of the reckless inhabitants of a neighboring planet made them fear. The balance of the water mustn’t be destroyed, so they decided to fight on land.

He doesn’t have a name. It would be foolish to think that beings who do not communicate by language have a human name. But when he was first sighted, some beings from another planet articulated some deformed sounds, and so Gaa-rut remained his given name. He is strong and well-respected. His colony trusted him with a great responsibility. He is not fully adapted to the , and the symbiotic relation he has with some bizarre animal makes him able to walk the earth.

He was given a powerful weapon. What under water was a merge of marine creatures, now, in times of war, became a menace for the attackers. The charms that were cast upon this artifact make it able to deplete water from all living creatures and dehydrates them. Then the water can be redirect towards the metallic creatures.

It takes a highly spiritual being to control by incantation the whimsical weapon, one that doesn’t hate but kills in perfect serenity and harmony.

End of part I

Here is the basic body shape of the character:

wip_001.jpg
  • Mihai Dobrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the "head" of the artifact:

wip_002.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Artifact looks cool.
    After reading the bio I was expecting something less-human like for the character though, at the moment he looks a bit like a human in a suite, since he lives underwater and communicates via vibration, why does he still have human features? (mouth,nose,eyes) Even the deep sea creatures that exist in real life look pretty alien (google ‘angler fish’).
    Keep it up!
  • Mihai Dobrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

You are right. The face is pretty human. This will change of course. Is much easier for me to change this in Zbrush. But the silhouette will be pretty much the same because is a human mutant after all. 1000 years is not enough to evolve that radical. I hope I'll post until Monday the creature on his back that help him breathe.
  • Levus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Levus polycounter lvl 11
    Don't try to get too much detail for the basic body shape my friend.
    Get some more interesting silhouette, decide about the proportions, and then you can get into more complex details.

The artifact "head" looks cool! crazy.gif
  • Mihai Dobrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The artifact is almost ready for Zbrush. Here is the prehighpoly model. I know is not very obvious what is the "bag" at the rear end. The bag is made out of exterior jellyfish skin and inside is a sea sponge. The purpose of the "bag" is to store the water depleted from the enemy. This water is later used to destroy them. I will add some algae strings to the "joints".

Please C&C grin.gif

Artifact_001.jpg
  • Mihai Dobrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally I started working on the highpoly model of the artifact