Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DW III - 3D - Fattkid - Stalker

fattkid
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
fattkid polycounter lvl 15
Unfortunatley I haven't had the time like I'd hoped to commit to this contest, so this thread will probably be a little half assed, but I might as well to what I can do and hopefully get some input on an idea I'd like to realize at some point, contest or not.

This character is a Stalker. A remnant of scientific studies into genetic engineering prior to the collapse of technology. An organism designed specifically for unarmed combat, as well as easily "programmed" for specific stalking and killing tasks. It is a conglomeration of various types and forms of animal/human, and insect genetic information that has been manipulated for maximum lethal effectiveness and effeciency, as well as cost effective reproduction. They essentially have reptilian brain functions and capacity, although enhanced with insect like capacities for navigation and human like capacities for planning, strategizing, memory and problem solving. Although designed for unarmed combat, they are often enhanced with various types of energy weapons. Most commonly, simple non projectile weapons, such as sword, axe or blade like "attachments" are used for direct, close quarters combat. The unusual power of these weapons come from a mysterious metal like compound retrieved from black holes. This metal is simply called Void metal, due to it's origins. Void metals have a very strange and powerful characteristic that essentially creates "biological black holes" inside any lilving organism it comes in contact with, sucking energy out of all living cells and causing all the cells to implode on contact. Thus, even a minor puncture wound from any sort of Void metal causes a catastrophic and instntaneous internal biological implosion, resulting in instant death.

Here's a few quickie sketches, just sort of exploring some thoughts and ideas.....ultimately the creature will have some sort of light duty armor or outfit as well as a sabre type weapon........

DW_01.jpg

Replies

• fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a bit of an update, based on one of my previous sketches. Exploring some proportions and ideas. The human hands aren't really working for me, so I think I'll do something different there. Kind of boring, but it's a start....

Upload01.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    ha i love the 3. head from the left *G*
    and these mantis amrs
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rollin - Thanks for the comment....Yeah, I think I'm gonna try to make those mantis arms happen. I wasn't sure how it would wield a weapon with pointy nubs for arms, but I think I got an idea. And as it is, it kind of reminds me alot of one of the Gears Of War creatures, so I'd like to try to avoid that.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Very nice sketches! I like the idea of making big bubble eyes along with a big mouth and then some mantis arms, very scary looking. smile.gif
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a little bit of an update. Gettin the body design figured out. I'm not entirely sold on the dino lookin head though......maybe it'll come together in the sculpt. I don't think I'm gonna be gettin this thing done by the deadline, so I might not get around to the weapons etc. I always appreciate a little feedback either way.......

minion01.jpg
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I bequeath to you all an update for whom out there that have been oh so anxiously awaiting to see what most glorious splendorcraft I have been bringing forth to the world, or something like that.........
    I decided to do a new head, the old one was too boring/generic and didn't match the body very well. I like the full on insect look better.....I think I'm gonna continue with the insect theme when I sculpt this thing too.....

DW_02.jpg
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A little update...started the Z sculpt. Just kind of blocking out primary shapes/forms etc. Basically just the legs and torso thus far. There's no way this thing is gonna be done by the deadline, but I'll be finishing it eventually, so I'll keep on posting. Feel free to offer up any comments, crits, etc. My characters have a tendency to come out kind of cartoony, so I'm gonna try to minimize that, and hopefully avoid that, as best I can.
    DW_03.jpg

DW_04.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    He seems to be a lot dumpier in the model than in the sketches, where he was a lean mean green killing machine. That coupled with the slightly oversized head is probably what is making you think it's got a cartoony look.