Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII- 2D- Katrina- Iblis Jinn

Heres some quick layouts of my character for Dominance wars... still extreme begin stages and I was thinking of a holy/light element since I haven't seen anyone using that element and leaning towards and invoker but she may be a clericon... weapon might be staff or really sweet bow, still developing and will post more later this week... thanks! Selena.jpgOkay so I'm just putting up a lot of preliminary sketches and went from wanting to do a holy artifact and went to the other end of the spectrum to create a dark/void sorceress named Iblis Jinn who is a summoner and summons her own evil/dark genie or jinn. The last pic on the post is a current sketch of her fleshed out, I have her arms and legs made up of dark mater and still haven't gotten to the dark genie and his container b/c I'm lagging ... any crits for me would be great thanks!concept1.jpgconcept2.jpgconcept3.jpgconcept4.jpg this image won't let me have it right side up for now sorry, considerations here are having her arms and legs deatched and floating so the costume makes the form of her body
concept25.jpgdarksorceress.jpg her cape is floating mid-air I thought it would be interesting to have some floating pieces in her clothes or armor, and I need to think of color, but I'm really liking the dark mater as her arms and legs at this point what's next maybe some dark mater eyes ooooh( yeah I'm doin it) wink.gif

Replies

• Katrina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SDModelsheet.jpgSDConceptsheet.jpg Here is are some modeling and concept sheets for getting the finals in check, need to finish values on model sheet and get the idea laid out for my final action pose
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    I think you have some potential here. My main caveat is that there have been innumerable "sexy sorceresses" without any clearly distinguishing features. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go in the direction that you are, rather that you need to find a way to make this character outstanding in some way, and not just 'sexy' + 'x'. Do something that you wouldn't expect to see on a character like this. I think you'll find that it makes the character more interesting and will help separate it from the crowd. Keep on truckin, and I look forward to seeing where you end up taking this idea.

--also, make sure you hit enter before you start inserting text after an image. That way you'll avoid the weird text wrapping.