Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII-2D-bMATY-Stolas

Hi Everyone! I am new to the polycount community and I am very excited about DWIII. I am getting a late start with all of this (its been a busy couple of weeks at work) but I can finally post my first dive into this topic. The thing that sparked me right away is that this magic can be infused in someway. So I thought that it would be appropriate that this ability would belong to an evil vile creature that is known throughout the universe as only a myth. Until now! I was thinking that the fragments of the ultimate weapon could be infused into a couple of very lucky(or unlucky) individuals. This power would become one with their genetic structure thus giving them magical abilities.

So for the first pass at this I decided to go with an invoker type creature that is hideously deformed in some way. For the thumbnails, I also thought it might be cool if they resembled robots in some way as well, because of the lack of mechanical technology it might be cool that in this time period there were creatures that had aesthetic similarities with these mecha, but were not in any way mechanical. The larger sketch was an exploration of one of the thumbnails, were she has been infused with this fragment, where it actually ate a hole through her hand were she initially pick it up, thus infusing with her arm as well! The weapon she carries, is an instrument found from the wreckage of the ultimate weapon, and is used to balance out her magical power. I figured since this thing ate a hole thru her hand, she might as well harness the power of the void, which she uses to suck the life force from her enemies thus leaving them in a physically and mentally disabling state of emptiness.

I hope you like it so far, more to come soon.

succubus1.jpg

Replies