Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - madNORMan - Untitled

So I'm off to a late start, and decided that if i didn't post something today that it would not happen. So here is my first post on Polycount (so hello i guess), and my first post for the War.
I had this idea for a girl right from when I read the brief - maybe because i'm currently reading the 'Northern Lights' - but i had the idea of this orphaned girl whom possesses powerful magic, the style I'm going for is not hyper-real, but stylised - Nintendo/Pixar influenced (is this a good idea?)

anyway I've only been working on this for a day, so its still early wip - might get some inspiration for a different character before long... feedback would be appreciated...

20080305-1sgi59fsqd1accb75b9ybuq2x1.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I know I have seen other people doing similar ideas of a little girl with crazy powers, or controling some huge monster; but if you put your own spin on it, it could be awsome.
    Personally, I messed around with like 10 ideas and I just now feel like I have found something I really like.
    So don't be afraid to do some thumbnails and explore other ideas before you make any commitments. After all what-ever you choose you will be spending a crap load of time on so make sure you really like what your doing.
  • madN0RMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just some more work on the girl. I have decided to stick with this idea as i work better when i have a character in mind, and under such time constraints i want to get something nailed down pretty quickly.
    The idea of this design is that this girl has summering powers and summers demons/titans into the other end of the chain thats strapped round her neck.
    20080314-e8f5922sst8e374fett4qtpctd.jpg

This appeals to me probably from an animation point of view as she will be dragged by large powerful demons!

20080314-tqj9hmh85fttda2qjrcicsgmnu.jpg

hopefully more updates to follow this week!!!
  • madN0RMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just an update!

some more doodles...
    20080319-cp9gfefqk79tnnfn5dh2hqd6pg.jpg
  • madN0RMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've just been working on this - merging what i think is working well...

20080319-n4fmmn8cusfrrx2ip3x8dh6gyf.jpg