Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Djolar - Spanish Druid

Here is the work I have been doing on my entry. She is going to be a vegetation summoner. She with ride a giant borrowing vine with a thorny root-like mouth. She will conjure ethereal vines from her palms. Her artifact will be an aztec like sculpted stone totem strapped to her back.

dwarstartpicbd2.jpg

dwarfurtherwq5.jpg

with her head (about 10 hours in):

withheadhc2.jpg

Replies

• djolar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More work on the body (neck, shoulders, hands). 3600 tris ( i went way too crazy with the 1200 tri ears that are going to be covered by hair =P):

bodycoloryh5.jpg

bodywirepb5.jpg
  • djolar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely hated my first ideas for the hair so Ive moved on to the clothes and... vines! Hopefully, now I'll get some love.

druvinespk1.jpg
  • djolar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First pass at a hair revamp. Im liking it a lot better

hairrevampgn1.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Do you have concept art to work from, Djolar. I imagine you'd have a much easier time and progress more quickly if you weren't feeling around in the dark, so to speak. It'll also make this character easier to critique.

You model is coming along quite well. She does show the signs of having been built from a very geometric object though - her physique, particularly the torso, breasts and buttocks are still quite boxy. Concentrate on the silhouette and make sure she's nice and rounded. You've got plenty of geometry to play with so theres no need to skimp where you you really need the extra edges.
  • djolar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits Jack. I've been busy but haven't posted in a while. My concept art pretty much sucks. I sketch disjointed pieces to communicate ideas. Thats just how I work and I wouldn't expect others to be able to follow it.

This is a pic of her mount I dub vine wyrm:

vinewyrmyw2.jpg

And this is a pick of the totem sans sculpted details, in its pack attached to her back:

drubacktotemfd6.jpg