Home General Discussion

problems with my wacom

i ordered an intuos3 a4 wacom like two weeks ago, and i finaly recieved it a couple days ago. very happy and proud to own and i finaly could get to work on the dominance war.

untill.. i notices my cursor kept freezing a couple times each hour. this mostly went away when i shook the pen a bit or moved the tablet around. not the first time i used this type of wacom, and also on the same pc, never any troubles with it. i tried another USB portal, and installed the software again... too bad.

i called the helpdesk of the store where i bought it, they said i needed to fill in a form, and i could send it back tomorrow so they could take a look at and send it back to a wacom company itself, or something like that.

this will take at least two weeks before i can get a new one, or even 5 if im unlucky. so the story probably ends here.

i can see what i can do with a mouse, but its not going to get me far in zbrush or photoshop. it may be cool to try and paint my texture outside the pc, like print out the uv set and get some oilpaint, wich i never used before, or at least work on the 2d entry outside the pc.

just felt like writing my frustrations down mad.gif

rens

Replies

• oobersli
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    oh man, that could be a cool style.. painting the textures on paper to scan. Prolly a bit of cleanup work on the pc, but that a positive way to look at whats happened. sry to hear about that.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Guess drivers don't help at all in thie case ....
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    We had similar problems at work, but fixed it with a driver update. we had another thing where my left hand kept catching one of the buttons and locing up the pen.
  • Rens
    i have the right driver installed, from the web and from cd
    plus i used the same type of wacom on this pc with that driver earlier without problems

i did notice it freezes more often when i switch from msn messenger to another program, and believe it also freezes more often when the tablet is tilted a bit. besides that it just occures when i lift my pen up and set it down again

im not touching any buttons, so thats out of the way

going to try a laptop with windows xp on it, see if that makes any difference.

i want to make sure it aint a software problem before i send it away :S
  • Rens
    i havent tried using it on a different machine yet, and i just read moose's thread, but i dont think i have to try

i just noticed the side of the wacom is busted.
    there is a really small gab between the side of these boards and i can pinch it up and down a bit :S

the thing probably hit something down the road.. bleh just my luck