Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - KWhite - Stalkers/Warlords

Hi all, new team member here laugh.gif

Concept1.jpg

These are my first thumbs, I'm not sure which one I should pick yet. Any comments would be nice.

Replies

• Supervlieg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Supervlieg polycounter lvl 17
    nice work there mister K. I like the tentacles stuff with the vegetation stalker. Looks really nice. The other ones look like soul calibur characters. Which isnt really bad or anything, but the veggie one stand out a this point. Rock on!
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, hi Supervlieg ^^

Thx for the reply. Glad you like the vegetation.

I personally think:
    - Void Warlord, I really like the void blade.
    - Ice Warlord, I like this one the least. He doesn't look very strong.
    - Vegetation Stalker, indeed the one that caught a lot of attention from me. It's just different ^^
    - Flame Stalker, probably my 2nd choice together with void warlord. I think it looks cool, but flame isn't really polycount.
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:

Concept2.jpg

I've asked some friends to vote for the thumbs. These two are the winners, so I've made a little progress. I need to chose 1 of the 2 now.

I think I should go for the stalker, that's because the warlords looks cool, but lack orginality. Any comments would be great.
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update, I'll go for the model sheets next.
    Veggie2.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I think you could push the design a little further, integrating the plant and person into a a more mutated idea.

How about bunging a little more Swamp Thing into the mix?
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm...

That's a very good one. I'll spend some more time to mix the plant/human thing. Many thanks for the tips!!
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:

Thanks a lot for the tip again, it really helped me with design. I'll need to start hurrying now with modelling or I'll be late >.<

Veggie3.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Cool, i like the insane look of her a lot. Maybe you can also support that with some crazy paint/make up in her face.
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah thanks Davision3D,

I'll try make something for her head. Also, had some feedback from more people who told me to push the mutation even further. I'll try to make something tonight.
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final:

I've been thinking about it. It has become a little too plant/zombie-like. It's not something I've been searching for. Now that I've given her a scar on her face and back her human skin color. I think I'm done. I really like it ^_^.

Veggie4.jpg

Name: Alister "Veggie"
    Artifact: Red Flower
    Personality: Wicked, cruel, mad, rebellious, playfull, arrogant

Power: Infested body
    1) Deadly poison generated by the red flower
    2) Flowers which can pop out and gives light in the dark
    3) Regenerating body

Being a stalker, she has great stealth, information gathering, and assassination skills. Being calm and silent all the time, she always observes her enemies from the shadows. Always waiting for the right moment to strike she can poison her enemies with a very deadly poison, which paralyzes and slowly kills it's victim.

With the poisoned controllable thin tentacles and dagger she can take down even full plated knights in combat. In addition, being able to recover/regrow from wounds because of the flower makes her an extremely dangerous stalker.

In addition, with a wicked, cruel, rebellious and arrogant personality, she's very playful and sadistic to her enemies. That's what makes others shiver in fear and makes her the strongest from where she comes from.
  • KWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started modelling

Model1.jpg