Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Johnny Perkins - Clericon Demon

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
obeyjohnny polycounter lvl 11
I heard about the new Dominance War last week at GDC, and I have been looking for a good reason to try my hand at character modeling. So here goes my first attempt...

DWIII_ConceptArt.jpg

I'm, as you can see, not the best concept artist. But here is the character I will be creating.

DWIII_TravelPack.jpg
I had some free time at work today and whipped up this backpack for my clericon.

I'll post more images as I go along. I also wrote a bio for this character that i'll post here for anyone who might be interested.

Please Please Please, if you have a spare moment to offer me a critique or a suggestion about my work, do it!! I'll take all the help I can get!

-Johnny

Replies

• Nate Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Johnny you finally joined polycount! Glad to see it, and glad your entering the DW, You'll learn a ton here. Good luck!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    glad to see ur joining! for ur concept, i see you already settled on a character design but i would play with that more...she kinda looks like a generic WOW character right now. maybe try drawing over what you already have but add more elements to push her silhouette and interest. as for your modeled backpack, i'm sure you're not finished but it seems you are not using ur polys quite efficiently. all those rolls in sleeping back, the little latch, the straps at the top...all of this can be textured in. you should use your polys to round out your overall shapes and for details that would be difficult to add in texture...mainly anything that is significant in the silhouette. if you were to look at the backpack as a B&W silhouette, right now, it would look like a few boxes..not too eye catching. push the shapes! good luck with the war!
  • McBradd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McBradd polycounter lvl 12
    Even though the Deadline is past, you should defiantly keep going with the character. You'll get lots of good feedback, and it'll be one more finished model under your belt. Perhaps you'll be able to retire the neon-squid from your portfolio ;)