Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Slingshot - Magoria

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
Woo hoo I have time to do an entry for DOW. Well here it is.
Oh note that I am not finished with the staff and I plain on adding clothes to the character.
Color comp will be up in the next day or so but not before I finish the clothing.
Comments and Critiques are defiantly welcome, but I already have a solid Idea on what I want.
ConceptArtPhase2.jpg

Name: Magoria
Class: Invoker
Artifact Weapon:Light/Holy
Artifact Name: Shards of Gorath

Character History:
She was once one of the most powerful followers of the dark arts who
unwittingly stumbled across a holy artifact. The artifact upon contact
purified and transmuted all of her evil into hardened crystals across her body.
This left her crippled and blind but making her a follower of the light to
see in manner no creature ever could. The power to purify evil and the ability
to see directly into the souls of all was bestowed upon her.

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
  • Drayven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good man. Can't wait to see some updates
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please help me pick out the final colors for my character.
    Pick the top three colored characters you like, they are numbered.

The dresses color is final.
    I personally like numbers 11,15 the most, green and orange were the original design colors.
    Note:the arms, tail, and legs are not colored like they should be.

ColorIsEvil.jpg

Here is the original concept, I was not sure if I wanted to post'em because there
    were only 3 concepts. I started to sketch over the 3rd concept and liked it.
    I love the black silouet sketching method, picked that that up at Polycount, Thanks.
    This competition is a good excuse for me to learn z-Brush & normal mapping for the first time.

ConceptArtPhase1.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    oh c´mon

thats mean...

4 12 14 15
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    4 and 15 are cool
  • Drayven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the black silhouette sketching method; I'm going to have to try that.
    Well, I definitely have to say 3 and 15. I like the richer colors of 15 but if you go with that i think there should be some blending of the green skin tone at the base of the crystals since they are protruding out of her flesh.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hey man, word of advice from my experience- dont sweat the colours at this point, if you know how the design goes get cracking on it smile.gif. I did all the colour variations in the first war and wasted valuable time hmming and hawing and the final scheme that worked on the actual model wasn't even one of my colour variations.

just my thoughts, looks cool! (i like 15)
  • DarkMecha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, very glad to see your competing this year! This is looking fantastic, I really like where you have taken your concept art. Can't wait to see what you can do with ZBrush now too.

Good to see your stuff again...best of luck.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    4th for me smile.gif I really like colors!
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rollin:
    I'm not trying to be mean. I know it's a bad Idea to get "married"/ go with your third design.
    That is why I put that. I respect Gauss, He does some very inspirational work that's for sure.

Rooster:
    Thanks for the advice. I always do a color comp concept before or after I model tho, it gets me hyped to do the
    modeling more and cuts my fighting coloring in the final skin. I suck at combining colors.
    You are right tho it does waist time.

THANKS to all that helped pick out colors.
    It looks like everyone likes #4 or #15 I will go with one of those as the final.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I already started making this base model for z-brush when I was doing the color comp so I would not burn out.
    Still have to add clothes, stones, jewelry, & the right hand. Going to get the rest done Sunday & Monday after work.

BaseModelPhase1.jpg

The staff is too boring so I made it into a bubble blower wand. It has hypnotizing green Polycount bubbles.
    Why fight the enemy when you can permanently brain wash them and have them on your side. Plus the enemy will want to
    pop the bubbles thus becoming distracted so that my fellow Polycounters can sneak up and kill them.
    BubbleBlowerStaff.jpg
  • sub_roland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sub_roland polycounter lvl 12
    i love the wand with the hypnotizing bubbles thats a great idea
  • mjpittman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm honored that you commented on my thread.

......those bubbles make my head hurt. mission accomplished. good job.
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I have been sick and out cold last week.
    I had to catch up at work on project commitments and then I got back into the modeling scene this weekended.
    I was planning on normal mapping and texturing this week. I have been neglecting to work on my DOW project because I have been too tired after work.
    Figured it would be rough re-learning 3Ds Max after 4 years but dang, I miss you Maya. Now to learn Z-brush, o god.
    Must get off and kicking, so much work and brain hem raging to be done, with so little time.

Final Base mesh:
    BaseModelPhase2.jpg