Offline / Send Message
JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
Current Stage.
TheFireconductercopy-1.jpg
Original thought
Untitled-1copy.jpg
Left to right

Judgment type chick, probably not going to do

Locust Armour-Element Void- Basically all the parts not covered in plate mail are covered in black sand being sucked away by the floaty skull. Their is a little creature on his back keeping tally of how many enemies he's killed today. If he doesn't meet the quota the armor consumes him.

Turvy top storm guy- Element-Storm/he is blind and "sees" by feeling what the wind he creates moves around. His legs are encased in a pod with fan/blade/sails which he sends wind through as a transport.

Transpo Whale- Element Earth- a giant flying whale that drops organic "fortress seeds" and is meant for trans port and dropping support in seed form by growing, cover, medical plants, and turret plants. Oh yes and the occasional plant monster

I am leaning towards locust armor and Transpo whale.

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The turvy-top storm guy could make for a really interesting design with a bit of design work.
    The Locust armour is also interesting, but having a character composed of sand will be difficult to pull off without particles. I do really like the imp with the abacus tallying up the kills though.
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    The whale is kind of interesting. not sure about the buildings and whatnot, but a flying whale-like creature could be cool.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick doodle much revamping to do
    locustarmourcopy.jpg

New Idea: Guy used to be a rightous paliden, now the locust armour is consuming over the holy armor.

I'll do a paint over with comments on what stuff is supposed to be if anyone would like, I know it need to be cleaned up but I'm really excited about this concept.

Very messy I know, What should I name the little Imp I wonder

Additional thought: Methinks a face behind the teeth might be neat what say you?
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    getting better .. and dig this little fella on it´s right shoulder !! smile.gif
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started up a new sketch and working on a color scheme when suddenly I realized I still haven't made a firm desicion on the legs. So I was thinking of grabbing ideas from locust anatomy. Then I was all like "raptor-like legs are kinda over done, time to get weird"
    ndSilhouttecopy.jpg

He's fun to draw
    recocopy.jpg
    I name him, Reco

P.S. forgot how to favorite threads. How do you?
  • Smooth_Criminal
    nice character.. I like the shoulder pads and the props on the previous one better. Dig the demon arm :, plz keep the fly too :P
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for commenting everybody.

The locust is staying for sure, and i was thinking of doing a combo of these legs.
    legs.jpg

I may even go quadpedal.

More sketches soon.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All was going well with the locust armour then... this happened.

thefireconductercopyfv1.th.jpg

His artifact is an artificial pair of runic dragon lungs, surgically implanted in his body. He invokes muses with the use of music, thats how he controls the fire.

His weapon is basically a pin wheel of flames, and flame spewing organ pipes on his back,

Anyways he needs a hat, and I'm stumped, I kinda like the palm-tree thingy but, meh...

and I almost feel obligated to use mainly red, due to his element, but fire comes in other shades I suppose.

Crits appreciated.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, Super Smash Bros Brawl has slown me down quite a bit.

TheFireconductercopy-1.jpg

Still working on the back mounted flame thrown/organ pipes/old record player thing.

logo.jpg

Also workin on an emblem for him,
  • Khunez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he looks really busy..try picking a few things and focusing all your detail into them. I love the proportions..
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was worried about that, Khunez. Thanks

Maybe I could combine the torso pieces and move the bagpipe to his back (taking away the organ stuff) and maybe just have some smaller pipes extending out all porcupine like, from the back?

I'd like some more feed on anti-busying.

I'll sketch up some rearrangements in a little.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bored in study hall so I put PS on a libary PC and did this in study hall.

flames.jpg
    Slicing up a random Robo-enemy with his muse.
    simpler.jpg

Fiddling with simplification, I'm pretty happy with the arm armour so I want to keep it. Was thinking about maybe showing some flesh since he's all covered up.

Now to own some random kids on WiFi with Peach.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I've just gotten happy with general shape of the arms and torso in ZSpheres.

I'm really going to need to pick up the pace to an insane level. Something tells me I'm not going to finish on time.

colorhalfcopy.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    i like the character

esp. the pic above this!
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks rollin, your Varlach is awesome.

As a side note

Do I have to designate a race?
    If so then he is highly sentient garlic.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well he seems to be up bright and ugly!

ColorFire.jpg

Oh photoshop coloring why will you not return my love?

This is very rough just wanted some color scheme opinions