Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - man_o_mule - untitled

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
After some very carefull reading of the rules i realized that an entry can be multiple characters.

I had an idea of two lovers, stumble apon a holy artifact. The artifact is a stone wrapped in chains that has a holy book attached to it. Thinking to use the book as a weapon in the war the man starts reading. Instantly his lover is bound in chains. This holy artifact belongs to a god that demands sacrifice of those who would use his power.

The artifact(rock) will float along while the female character sits on it. When the Male character uses the artifact to battle the female character floats towards the heavens. A beam of light shines down and the power is transfered through her, through the rock, through the book so the male character can use it to cast holy spells.

anyways. here's my crappy sketch i did today of the male character.

DW3_1.jpg

I'm going to try to do a few more sketches and concept art before i start modeling but i'm going to have to start the modeling soon. Gonna take me a while since i'm not used to normal mapped models.

Replies

• boomz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boomz polycounter lvl 9
    I like your overall idea but definitely try to make the characters unique. Try to work out some cool armor/accessories of some kind that add visual interest and give them a more dramatic silhouette. I like the cross man-skirt heh, it gives it a nice medieval feeling. Keep it up!