Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another Portfolio Pimp

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Cody polycounter lvl 15
I'm working on a few more pieces to make my portfolio better, but this is a pimp on the site itself.
Link --> NEW ONe

Heres the previous one-> its bad
Still need to make the text match, and add a resume.

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    As far as design goes, this is fine, but artistically, you are not ready.

I recall voicing basics which were neglected in your RTS thread. Smoothing errors, obvious primitives, simple pictures as textures, a 70 tri trashcan with a 1024 texture? You've got a lot of learning to do. Keep posting, eyes and ears open (mouth shut). It's all up to you man, just like at how fast Saidin311 improved.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Cody one of the things that helped me improve was to start making realistic models with pretty low poly counts with small texture sizes. It's pretty hard to make something realistic with nothing. wink.gif It sounds a bit mundane but if you model things you like it will be loads of fun at times. wink.gif Pick a car, tank or airplane and model it with 350 to 400 tris and texture it with 256 texture and try to do it in less than 24 hrs. When you feel good doing that try it with 800 tris and 512, then try it with multi texturing. Make a high res model fit a low res one and normal map it. If you are serious about it you should improve greatly in a few months and don't let crits get you down. Post your work as you finish it.

Alex
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    As far as design goes, this is fine, but artistically, you are not ready.

I recall voicing basics which were neglected in your RTS thread. Smoothing errors, obvious primitives, simple pictures as textures, a 70 tri trashcan with a 1024 texture? You've got a lot of learning to do. Keep posting, eyes and ears open (mouth shut). It's all up to you man, just like at how fast Saidin311 improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks guys. Time to get to work. smile.gif Polycount FTW!