Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Randommonkies - Sacrifice

CURRENT STATE :
domTurnZ-brush002.jpg

old stuff below
domthumbsJPG.jpg
domtSilouetteJPG.jpgDWJPG.jpg

My Idea is an Air/Lightening invoker.
I'm calling him Sacrifice for now. The idea behind him is that he comes from an isolated species of goat/wolf like people who believe using magic is blasphemy but worship an ancient magical relic left behind from some previous race. One day the character i am making sees a human invoker create an artifact to help him in combat. Realizing that magic is not reserved for the gods, he begins to secretly unravel the secrets of his peoples idol. after a great deal of time he discovers that the idol is in fact a super powerful magical weapon that harnesses the power of the atmosphere to rain destruction down on massive areas. He eventually tells his people his secret and tries to convince him that they can use the weapon to help them live without fear of invaders forever. His tribe accuses him of heresy against the gods however and chains him to the idol as a sacrifice. As the Shaman perform their rituals he tries one last time to convince his people they are wrong, but they refuse to listen. Right before they kill him, he panics and calls upon the magical powers of the relic. The device destroys all his people and collapses but parts of it fuse to the main character, leaving him disfigured but extremely powerful.

So ya, thats the background story and some concept drawings I'm working on. The polycount logo is probably going to be engraved into some of the pieces of the idol that are fused with my character.

... and don't worry, the heart isn't going to stay there lol.

Replies