Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII-2D-Ksan-Lolita

I have watched over the shoulders of my peers for the last 2 wars and am now thrilled to enter battle myself. I plan on doing some kind of artifact user that calls upon some holy power to move monstrous ancient rune-like creatures. My scrawlings will be up very soon.

Time's up for me, and this is what I turned in. For better or for worse, I finished something in the short time I had available. Best of luck to all competitors.

winningposefinaltexcopy.jpg

loliorthofinal.jpg

Lolitaconceptsheet.jpg

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    then welcome, Ksan. glad to have you on the team--get your scrawlings up and get commenting on other peoples' entries, otherwise you might find your own entry lost in the shuffle. nobody wants to be those guys filtered to the bottom, allowed to get away with shirking an entry! smile.gif
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updates! My character is going to be and invoker using the power of holy. The idea is that these are people (specifically for this concept , women) who showed "divine" potential at an early age and were taken from their families to be raised as religious prodigies. After the apocalypse people looked to new thoughts on ancient religion to give themselves hope. One fickle deity in particular (in concept a certain pointed smiley icon) has a grand following with many vassals. These followers use these prodigies as connections to their god in hopes of answering their seemingly forgotten prayers.
    Some prodigies are more special than others and can tap into the god's power. These are the invokers. They become that way by learning to use an ancient artifact (think like the puzzle from hellraiser). Once solved, The connection is permanent and they become very powerful. However, it comes at the cost of some of their sanity. The mischievous God takes some of their mind in place of his power. As a result the invokers are easily upset and startled. Although something like holy saints in the eyes of their followers, not all are good and not all are bad. Their power is frightening as much as it is inspiring and most religious sects tend to forbid the attempt of connection. Radical movements encourage it, thus leading to a group of them wandering on a mission. Most invokers are desperately clinging to reality but some are lost in their own minds.

Here are some thumbnails and sketches. I am really trying to mix tribal with modern and a touch of dominatrix feel. I am really interested in a lot of junk and detail without using armor. In my mind I am almost inspired by a voodoo priestess or witch.

DWIIIThumbnails.jpg
    DWIIIsketches.jpg

I am doing more elaborate sketches so I can see what I like and want to mix or match. The rock guy was originally what they would be invoking, but I think god possessed rock qualifies as "magical gollum" So as adoable i think he is he has been scrapped.

Any thoughts are appreciated and more to come.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    ace

f mybe d

last pic is awesome
  • zOffTy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zOffTy polycounter lvl 16
    hello
    F and Golem looks good smile.gif
  • X-Convict
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-Convict polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! c + f, c = crazy hair witchery, f= voodooey witchery -- both win, want to see more smile.gif
  • Snuggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snuggles polycounter lvl 17
    Making great progress so far, especially dig the hair in the upper right of the bottom...half/pic thing. Tie that together with a little bit of the flare of E, outfit-wise, and that'd be my choice at least. My two cents. Keep it up.
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I named her that after that creepy movie with the guy obsessed with a young girl. Ewww, makes me uncomfortable.

I guess I am shifting gears a bit. I appreciated what everyone had to say and so I am considering what people liked but keeping my own preferences as well. Here are new thumbs and other things. I did some more sketches and a quick comp to play with color and lighting. As you can tell I am leaning more in the direction of 1 or 2 in thumbs cause I like the way they feel.

newthumbs.jpg

Lolitathumbs.jpg

lolitacolor.jpg

Im gonna have a lull for a bit to do some other work, but I am going to try to work on it at night. I'm still dabbling and appreciate thoughts.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    1 2 firt pic
    1 (3) 2nd pic

like them smile.gif
  • Ksan
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more updates up top.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    winningposecopy.jpg

old here, new at top
  • Monochrome
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Nice work!
    Looks a bit flat but its a great character
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, thanks for the crit. Davison 3D, If you were to push something to fix the flatness, what would you pick? I wanted to spend more time on it, but am a bit rushed. If I have time I will try to fix it. Any advice is helpful!!
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    orthos up top, almost there.
  • Ksan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am out of time, and therefore done. entries are up top. here is an old comp.

lolilocalcolcopy.jpg