Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 2D - Wake - Barbarossa

Replies

• wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    Hmm...

this doesn't appear to be working. Considering the limited amount of time remaining, rather than start from scratch on a pose that's remarkably similar to my first paint, I'm instead going to work over the first paint with the final anatomy and change the wizard dude into a robot. That way, I have more time to pretty it up and finish some orthos. Awesome.
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    Back to the old paint, trying to work out some bugs on the anatomy. I think I've got the basic shapes in place now, so I just have to keep crankin...

barbarossa3c%20copy.jpg
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    Funny how time runs out on you...

I'm going to have to settle on this one unfortunately. I definitely learned a great deal in the process however, so regardless of how things turn out it was a great experience. I had an unfortunately scheduled outing with a bunch of my buddies this weekend, which originally wasn't a problem because of the old time line. So, instead I have to spend the rest of my time prepping the other parts of the entry, which I'll post as soon as I finish. So, here it is, in its wonderful, messy, unfinished glory.

barbarossafinalframe.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    this is cool!!
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    thanks rollin!

--on the off chance that anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'm posting my final submission sheets in additions to the beauty shot. This is the concept sheet, which is a bit uninspired but I don't have the time to fake process drawings that looks pretty.

barbarossafinalconcepts.jpg
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    Well, that's it. Just have to sit on my hands now. I have no illusions as to how far I'll make it in the comp, I just think it'd be cool if I could make it past the first round. If I do, then I'll be ecstatic, especially considering that there are over 600 entires in the 2d category ALONE.

So, here's the last piece of my entry, the ortho. Pretty weak sauce, I'll admit, but I popped it out in an hour or two. Hooray for poor planning!

Anyway, here you go. It's been a hell of a ride.

barbarossafinalortho.jpg