Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    haha, Number 6's axe is great.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    haha.. yea.. but you have to look twice.. or at least i have to ...

i like the idear of 3 or 4 .. !!
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    I like 3 and 4 as well.
  • ETA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ETA
    on 5 this wizzard have some big lollipop?? :>
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Just a few more before bed:

thumbnails_02.jpg
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    4 from the new batch.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    This one came together after writing out a story that the dwarf Bodum O'Darby left his mountain brothers and ran to the forest and became a raven druid or something. In the forest he found a artifact to defeat the machines and allow his brothers to escape from the mountain.

thumbnails_03.jpg
  • Arix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would definitely push the silhouette of this dwarf guy. If you were to take his at this state it might resemble a blob-like appearance. Perhaps move the bird on his helm to other locations like his forearm or shield? Nice start, keep up the concepts.
  • KICKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the 6th silhouette you have up there. I can see that character with a "poly" bomb strapped to the mount to ditch in a wormhole hoping it'll land on the right planet. Though in reality it'll probably come out another worm hole right on top of him and kill us all!
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking, a sacrificial beast that would run into the machine army, and at it's death would detonate the bomb destroying the machines.

Anyways here is pushing the dwarf a little bit more, I'll post his back story later on tonight.

thumbnails_04.jpg
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Back story and a concept update, created the base mesh for Bodum last night, will post the sculpt soon.

"The dwarves were forced back underground over one thousand years ago by the machines. Finding the ancient ways of building underground their ancestors left behind, the dwarves have survived the constant attack of the machines by tunneling farther and farther into their world. Years have passed where both sides have pushed against each other, never gaining any ground. That is until recently the once young dwarf Bodum O’Darby returned to his home world bringing powers once thought long gone.

When Bodum was young he had visions of escaping the underground world he has always known, one day came where he got the chance to escape. Venturing out in to the barren wasteland the machines had created Bodum headed west, guided by visions of a portal. Eventually Bodum found the portal that he searched for; he entered it with caution only to be sucked in. Tumbling through space Bodum came out in a world green and lush. He explored this new world finding an ancient and old civilization, a people with intense magic drawn from the very power of the planet.

Bodum lived with the people and studied this new found magic, finding the ability came naturally to him. He moved out to an old and ancient forest to explore and perfect his new found talent. He was visited by a raven that told him of an ancient prophecy of a staff with immense power. Bodum eventually found the staff after many years of searching. Now after fulfilling the prophecy he has returned to his home world bringing his immense magic power to eradicate the machines and reclaim his world."

BodumConcept_01.jpg

Not the best shot, but it gets the point across and now I have a clear and definite goal in my mind on how this is going too look.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Made up a quick basemesh and then started sculpting, just a <u>very</u> quick sketch to block out the armor. So quick I didn't even edit out the Zbrush background, but I think it gets the point across. Not really felling the raven mount especially after thinking about having only 9000 polys for everything and how much detail I want to put in this little guy.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Got a chance to work on this the other night, so here is the helmet and left shoulder pad.

BodumHelmet.jpg
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Long time no update, and with the new forums took a bit of searching to find my thread since my bookmarks were out of date. But pretty much finished the hipoly model. Good enough for the work flow that I use anyways. I haven't finished the artifact yet but have a pretty good grasp of what I want. Anyways here's the pic,

Bodum_Hirez.jpg
  • Heart Murmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well done, I like the feathers on the helmet, those came out nice. His thumb look broken though, like the tip of it needs to be pulled in towards his pelvis a little to correct it. Everything else seems in order, good job!
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    nice!

thumbs angle is a bit wrong, but thats minor.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Pretty much finished the low poly model. Just under 8000 triangles. Now for some UV mapping and onto then texturing.

Bodum_wire.jpg
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    UV mappping done, AO and Normal maps generated. Now for the rest plus making a weapon of some sort. Time to bust out the caffeine.

Bodum_AO.jpg
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Well I made it, down to the wire with 1.5 hours left but came up pretty happy with the final result. Here is the winning pose and construction shots that I submitted. Feels like a huge weight is off my chest and now I can actually get some sleep. Time for a completion beer and then sleep.

Bodum_WinningPose.jpg

Bodum_ConstructionShot.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    it looks cool even so :)

n1
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Silly dwarves, always putting on big hats to make themselves look taller. =D
    Turned out quite nice, almost looks like a warhammer miniature with the textures.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    How did I miss this thread? Cool stuff man!