Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII-2D-Hildor_muthafo-Sea Horse From Hell

I'm going to be creating a beast, wielding a flame based weapon. Concepts will be posted soon.

Replies

• Hildor_muthafo
    alright, so after some sketching, and going through a few concepts, i arrived with this guy. He's a dolphinish creature from the sea, his race has used magic to control lava from under water volcanoes to create weapons and magic armor. so yea.. its ridiculous. haha but i think it looks cool. so whatever. although i think i want to have him some how on land in the final. not sure. anyway, i still need to keep working with some ideas. thinking about having lava flow out parts of his armor, and his upper body needs to be bigger, like in the initial front view concept.

</a> Lava_dude.jpg

after looking at these images, im thinking maybe more leaning towards under water now. so maybe incorporate more *fish*(fins,etc) concepts with it.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    aw, his blade's all drippy and sad.

sweet idea for a weapon, though!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    maybe a dorsal fin? dig it though...
  • Hildor_muthafo
    alrighty, making him more fish-like. hes also going to have a baby sucking on his teet in the final. um, also i threw on a quick color concept for the skin. i'll do more tomorrow. latas. concept_2_fish.jpg
  • JBurley0879
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm...I like the concept. If you're still fishing for thoughts (Pun not intended), maybe try considering an angler fish for part of the design?

...just a thought.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    i'm like the shell on the back deal. the baby on the tit is...um...well...interesting...
  • Hildor_muthafo
    thanks guys. yea, one of my friends suggest the angler idea. and i was playing around with it. but i dunno, im just afraid that would be too much of an obvious choice for an underwater creature. also in the final image, i want his weapon to be one of the main sources of light. as if he uses it to light his way around under sea(sorta like the angler).

as far as the shell, still playing around with that. as of right now i cant see it functioning too well. but thanks for the feed back. appreciate it.
  • Hildor_muthafo
    ok, so i've been working on the final piece. as i started painting it, i changed a few things in the face, im sure some other things will change as i paint it more and more, sculpting out the details. but alrighty, heres 2 work in progresses. In the final image, there will be more added below the image(the ground and rest of this hideous beast). i just ran out of room on the paper i was using for this sketch haha(im not a huge fan of sketching in photoshop).

Topcopy.jpg

Top2copy.jpg
  • WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aww man you can get some nice under water glow and dust cloud effects with this.

Lava_Tube_Sunrays_4.jpg

78613561_12d1a41591.jpg

comet_73p_underwater_volcano.jpg

maunaloa_wideweb__430x322,2.jpg

unterwasservulkan2.jpg

Tribble.jpg
  • Hildor_muthafo
    last update before the weekend. I did some more work on the head, shoulder pad, and boobie region. and thanks for the refs wicked, the first image inspired me to have some blue light coming from above, so i've been putting some blue highlights on the monster now as well. but yeah, i think its coming along. any suggestions are welcome. have a good weekend.

dolviathan_heada.jpg
  • Hildor_muthafo
    finally got off my ass and did a little more work in this, i'll try to get a lot more done this week. lataz

furthercopy.jpg