Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 2D - Isobel - Lilith

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isobel polycounter lvl 14
Soooo
I'm gonna join with probably a succubus kind of creature.
How I'm work her out...well I'll show that some time later.
I do have a bit of a story:

In time more and more wives where left by there husbands,
Some never forgave there husband. Now they seek revenge from the pure bitterness of their hearts (what's left of it). They join every amry in the search for there old lover, one goal ahead, to kill them.

I hope you guys like it and I'll post some later!!
Kisses Lise

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Interesting idea smile.gif
  • Isobel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's some of what I promised, don't get scared...
    I'm very veryyyy much a noob
    Feel welcome to comment, and give me tips, Cos I'm not in it for the winning but for the learning. I could dream of winning!
    Kisses Lise

adjqx2.jpg</a>]ImageShack[/url]

scannen0018tu7.jpg</a>]Imageshack[/url]
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

it's always fun to see people from your own country. Anyway i would like to give you two tips for starters.

First: get your anatomy down, i'm working on that myself atm but it is critical in a 2D entry. Your frontrender of the body seems off on several places even though she might be built a bit different since she isn't supposed to be human. I'm thinking about the waist, the hips and the upper leg. There are contructive ways to build up a body and i suggest you use them if you arent all that comfortable with anatomy yet (psst loomis).

Second: I think you can push the head design into something great. Right now it looks like a woman with some bumps or scales on her face and a long nose. You can really dive in there and build out those humps and add some rigdes and spice up the head silhouette and probably go with a more animal like nose, i don't know.

i'm no pro by any means so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Good luck, lets hope you finish and learn a ton.
    Jerry
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    I noticed a little anatomy problem that's real easy to point out. In general your understanding of the facial anatomy is good, but the placement of the eyes is way off. Check this out, just moved them down a bit to be along the center line of the face and moved the cranium down a bit.

paintover.jpg

So far so good though! look forward to seeing the full design.
  • Supervlieg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Supervlieg polycounter lvl 17
    nice start, and good to see you around here. Anyway, maybe you could try to work on some thumbs, just to get a feel for the silhouette. This helps you think about the large forms before you jump in and get to attached to details. Once you have a good shape down, its like having a clean canvas to put your details in. Good luck!
  • Isobel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's some new stuff, I changed The head tingy
    and some clothing try outs but they're still with the old headthingy, I'll start in PS soon I promiss.
    Kisses Lise

[image]scannen0002ayn9.jpg[/image]

[image]scannen0004cq8.jpg[/image]
    [image]scannen0003xt8.jpg[/image]
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,

good to see you've been drawing. Since you wanted some tips i will give them. Although they might sound abit harsh, it's honest.

First thing, in your sketches, the arms of your characters aren't long enough, fix that. Some minor anatomical flaws in sketches aren bad at all, but this just stands out.

Second, your armor designs are very bland and subtle and they don't add too much to the silhoutte. It probably isn't the direction your aiming for but i made a quick and dirty sketch of whats going on and could be improved. Remember, silhoutte is what makes your character stand out of the crowd and wat gives it a major part of its uniqueness.

littlehelp.jpg

Keep posting,
    Jerry.
  • Isobel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Jerry for the help. But the thing is she is supposed to be more like a scout than warlord, so she's small fast etc.
    and yeah haha those arms were dang short!

Here's a new thought, and I changed the head dress, somehow....I didn't like the veil either...

[image]scannen0006kgr9.jpg[/image]

[image]scannen0007kvt9.jpg[/image]