EvanG polycounter lvl 17
DWIIIFinalPose.jpg

recent update

Replies

• EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Ok i sensed none of you were really digging the first concept so i've been playing with a different character idea. a female stalker. her blades use the power of fire to cauterize the wounds of her victims to leave no messy cleanup after she assassinates the enemy.i don't know yet if i want both arms to have the weapon or just one domwarsecondidea3iw0.jpg
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely an improvement. See what you can do with the feet. . . the whole fading into nothing look is so last year. wink.gif
  • los
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    los polycounter lvl 17
    definitely give here a sleeker helmet Yo. As a stalker, Shes gonna be creeping around..the blades look a little bulky I think. Not too effeciant at the moment for stalking prey. Work with something hand held or maybe something like the predator, like a retractable blade of some sort. Or a short sword.
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    thanks guys. Ive been working on the concept a bit more its not all done on paper but i think i have a decent enough idea to start doing some modeling and carry it from there. I shortened the weapon and the blade will now retract and sling out. gonna give her another weapon in her free hand something to the effect of whats in the concept. hehe gave her some feet im thinking something like ninja wraps. I guess I didnt get the memo about fading into nothing going out of style.:D

domwarsecondidea6go8.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    cool lines.. and good development !! keep on

edit: liked the way the 2. pic takes a bit more compared to the 3.
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    started a bit of the modeling today probably about 2 or 3hrs in. i hope to have the base finished by the end of this week if all goes according to plan. C&C is always welcome.

dominancewarmodelingparqn6.jpg

Rolin: thanks man hopefully i can pull this off with enough cool factor
  • los
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    los polycounter lvl 17
    cool you started modeling, looking good so far
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Los: yup going pretty smooth so far. this is the fruit of todays labor. still gotta work on the artifact and figure out what I'm going to do about the other arm.
    dominancewarmodelingpart7.jpg

dominancewarmodelingpart8.jpg
  • NuclearWarrior
    Movin' pretty fast bro!
    Digging the colors and her overall shape. Maybe some light thigh armor? Or at least straps for the knife/gear. I'm pretty sure you were already considering that.
  • Blk Biscuit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice man ya I like the direction she's headed I know your still tossin around a few ideas but I think you could take her possibly the animal/ animal humanoid route and change up her feet and hands ... You could also use one of those chain rope weapons....I don't know the correct term for it, but from looking at the rope with the balls at the end of it ..it reminded me of that weapon
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    NuclearWarrior: thanks man this is kinda what i was thinking for the thigh region. possibly adding some sort of armor or decorative element to it. let me know what you think.

BlkBizquit: Thanks for your comment. Yea the idea behind the rope is that sort of ranged throwing weapon to sort of stop people from running away and can also be used to reach areas and swing from shite.

here is a bit of an update

i got a real bad cold on monday so this is the first ive gotten to work on this this week. I still gotta get on the Artifacts though alot of that will be zbrush hope to start the highpoly sometime this weekend. Cheers C&C welcome as usual

dominancewarmodelingpart13.jpg
    dominancewarmodelingpart14.jpg
    oh the actual tri count is like 6800tris so far i have a couple high poly objects hidden the scene
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    dominancewarmodelingpart17.jpg

this is where I'm at now. I think I'm done with the concept phase of the model. I'm gonna start the high poly hopefully Sunday. C&C still welcome.

Im gonna do some more workon the shape of the artifact but in zbrush and then ill resurface it when i make the final lowpoly cage for the normals map.
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    started some zbrush concepting on the artifact.
    dominancewarartifact2.jpg
  • NuclearWarrior
    Nice shapes in the artifact. I think the final character is going to be great.

Amazing your hand feeling Zbrushes!!
  • los
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    los polycounter lvl 17
    sweet dude, you got some good shapes going on in there for sure. Is the artifact gonna be organic or non living? looks like it could be alive almost.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Cool, i like the organice stuff you incorporating in your artifact but the mouth tonque thing looks a bit to obvious and also kinda funny smile.gif
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    freaking cool weapon
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    wow you got a much better 3D sense than 2D laugh.gif
    I was not too keen on your drawings but I really love your Zbrush concept! keep it up, it looks great! smile.gif
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Nuclear Warrior, Dom: Thanks Guys

Los: No its not meant to be alive it is supposed to be like a dragons head though.

Davidson3d: I agree the face is a bit funny looking I'm not totally done with it though so hopefully when its done you might change your mind

kakikukeko: Thanks man, Yea i've always been better at visualizing things in 3d. sculpting and modeling i don't work on my drawing skills enough, but this is also one of the worst drawings I've done I didn't want to go to far in the 2d part cause I knew I wanted to experiment in 3d anyways.

sorry for the delayed update I'm having trouble finding enough time to work on this. I have to move out of my house the week of the deadline, but i think I'm going to be able to still finish it.
    this is the tenative base for the armor the scales all still need to be refined as well as the shoulder pad/spike area.

assasinarmor3.jpg
  • WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I really like the lizard/dragon head in your artifact. Interested to see your model fully mapped. Very nice but what do you have hidden that is taking up 11k tri's.
  • los
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    los polycounter lvl 17
    I definitely like this direction. its gonna look sweet once you get it all proper like.
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Los: Thanks mate I'm diggin' your entry on GA too.

WickedFingers: I had made like a high poly logo thing cause i drew it with splines I don't know why I made it. I ended up deleting it anyways. Right now shes around 7.5ktris leaving around 1.5 for the artifact after i resurface it.

here is the update for tonight more ZedBrushkie.

assasinarmor5.jpg
    boots.jpg
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Making some progress I got her normal mapped the rest of it is gonna be all in photoshop.

viewport.jpg
    Arieltexturestart.jpgArieltexturestart3.jpgArieltexturestartback.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Is there anything you can do to the skirt? It's farily bulky, and you've placed it just on the abdomen where she has the inwards pinch of her hourglass shape, thus negating that curve and making her look very straight vertically.

Perhaps just dropping it a few inches onto her hips would make all the difference.
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Rick Stirling: Hey man yea i can totally see what you mean after you mentioned it. I'm not sure what the answer is but ill play with it and see. thanks
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    Turntable
    posting a turntable of my progress so far, gonna have to test my websites connection so if this link dies ill post it on youtube. Rick I ended up just tucking the cloth bit closer to her leg. kinda helps I think when shes posed too it'll be better.

eh her eyelash geo apparently wasn't attached to her head thats what the wonkieness is floating on her face
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    update on the textures more max viewport shots

Domwarfront.jpg
    Domwarback.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    nice work on the textures so far, to me it all looks a bit too dark, subtle and desaturated at the moment, a few touches of stronger colour but not too much would be really cool. Anyway this is just the start on the textures isnt it?
  • EvanG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanG polycounter lvl 17
    New Update: I kinda stopped working on this to start another character. But I'm coming back to finish this now. I got her rig mostly done still some weighting issues in the rope region. I think the textures are mostly done but I still need to do something about her feet. C&C always welcome welcome

DWIIIFinalPose.jpg