//
LatestUpdate:
ConceptLizardValue03.jpg

Description:

Name: X'Ebion
Race: Al'Khan, Polycount Alliance
Class: Clericon
Artifact Power: Light Holy

This guy is a Clericon and goes by the name of X'Ebion. He lived on a very hot desertlike planet during the end of its time. The suns that heated their planet were ever coming closer and would destroy all life if the Al'Khan would not escape. He was part of the Clericon order that specialized in the search for great artifacts to create a rift in time and space to escape their melting planet. During one of his Travels X'Ebion found the most powerfull artifact discovered until then. He called it The Scream of a Thousand Suns. Although this light emitting artifact was the most powerfull they found it was no good for transporting them away from their doom. Then 3 years later their mission was completed and their race was saved. They came to a planet that was preparing for war against the machines. In trade for their greatest powers of war, the Al'Khan were welcome to stay on the newfound planet. And so X 'Ebion and his Scream of a Thousand Suns were sent into battle...
//

The place is already buzzing with creativity, and i do not doubt it will be great to be a part of our victory.

I've seen alot of great stuff already, some in advanced stages and some in early concept, which is where i am atm. "Don't marry your first girlfriend." is a phrase i seem to recall and i would like to stick to that and take my time, probably a week for concepting.

The eyecandy, which i'm pleased with tbh laugh.gif

Thumbnails01.jpg

Jerry.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Loving 3 4 5 7
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Good to see you joined the madness Jerry, time to show what you can do. Thumbs are looking good so far. You bet my eye will be glued to your thread, I expect greatness!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    6 looks like he'd make for an interesting character, as would 4.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    #4 Looks the business to me. smile.gif
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

I actually made more thumbnails which i think are not so strong.
    Thumbnails02.jpg

About the older thumbs:
    I myself have a strong feeling for 4 and 7, i dislike 5 a bit and 6 is above my level to model i think and don't like it that much.

Since i do not really like the new stuff i will explore 4 and 7 in depth.
    I plan on replacing the the scroll on 7 with a huge book of some kind and it would be great if you guys would spam some ideas for it to handle a big book and make it look interesting.

More soon.
    Jerry.
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

I've been experimenting with 4 for the moment, here are the results:

Thumbnails044.jpg

Tell me what you think so far.
    Jerry
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    oo, I like 6 of the 2nd batch, if you could make it more organic in armour and less roboty
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I mainly think it's weird, its like edward scissorhands to the max!

haha, might explore it still though. Thnx for the input.
    Jerry.
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New stuff:
    ConceptLizardTotal.jpg

I wasn't really feeling what i was doing so i started something new, it's very rough at this stage. I hope you guys can help with some insights on this new concept. I know it isn't all that original but at least i have a direction in my mind with this.

A little explanation on the last one, i couldn't get the legs to look right in perspective so i made a quick side view to get the point across.

Jerry.
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:
    ConceptLizardValue01.jpgConceptLizardValue02.jpg

Description:

Name: X'Ebion
    Race: Al'Khan, Polycount Alliance
    Class: Clericon
    Artifact Power: Light Holy

This guy is a Clericon and goes by the name of X'Ebion. He lived on a very hot desertlike planet during the end of its time. The suns that heated their planet were ever coming closer and would destroy all life if the Al'Khan would not escape. He was part of the Clericon order that specialized in the search for great artifacts to create a rift in time and space to escape their melting planet. During one of his Travels X'Ebion found the most powerfull artifact discovered until then. He called it The Scream of a Thousand Suns. Although this light emitting artifact was the most powerfull they found it was no good for transporting them away from their doom. Then 3 years later their mission was completed and their race was saved. They came to a planet that was preparing for war against the machines. In trade for their greatest powers of war, the Al'Khan were welcome to stay on the newfound planet. And so X 'Ebion and his Scream of a Thousand Suns were sent into battle...

Paintovers would be very welcome and every other crit is very much appreceated as well smile.gif

Jerry
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Good design Jerry, glad to see you made a decision, now time to go in and sculpt that mofo! Iknow you'll have a ton of fun workingon it:D
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks for the heads up Pesti smile.gif

Today i painted the side view of the ortho. It made it obvious that i made some nasty mistakes in the front view. I think the side view looks ALOT more interesting that the front because of the legs and all. I even think i improved my painting skills while making the side view. Does it show?
    Hope you like it, i'm going to make my lowpoly mesh very soon now.
    ConceptLizardValue03.jpg

Edit: I'm told the leg is not believable and that it won't work. I'm working on the issue now.
    Jerry.