Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Nibbuls - Eidolon

nibbuls
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
nibbuls polycounter lvl 17
Started on this concept...

Weapon will be replaced by a cooler, needlessly large weapon.

dw3xn3.jpg

I know...too small. Squint.

Larger concepts will come soon.

Edit: Thinking about some sort of half machine, half creature... where the machine half has stopped functioning, so its become more dependent on the biological half (like a person losing his sight). The machine side is rusting out and being filled with plant life (not to mention drags behind the creature... maybe it could be enchanted and used as a weapon); the bio side is ancient--after all it was made a thousand years ago. But it's still a strong combatant because of the magic it learned throughout the ages.

Replies

• WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool from here. I could give you a better critique if I had a microscope though... (Squinting eyeballs) >--<
  • nibbuls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dw32yt3.jpg

Here's that cyborg idea...

Used to be a warlord, now an invoker. Not sure about the artifact.

Edit: Scrapped. Goin' with the mysterious void creature.
  • nibbuls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dw3bigmb0.jpg

Quick paintover of the thumbnail and added a few details. Badassitude +/-?

Still deciding on an artifact. Was thinking a black hole would be pretty neat to chain and drag around...or part of the void he came from.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    I feel personal investment in this one! Better do it justice, I don't take it lightly when my name is used in vain!

I am a fan of your idea so far. I think a lot of people will miss the post technological aspect of the theme, and go for straight fantasy. I think the fact that you are keeping that as a big part of your concept will make for a strong and original design.

The black hole idea seems a little impractical though. I liked the original one that seemed like a burden he has to drag along with him. Perhaps combine the two ideas, keep the box, but have the negative energy emanate from it...so it's kind of like a pandora's box idea.

I think you could really benefit from an asymmetrical design here too, perhaps a larger arm to drag the weapon, or have one side bursting open with the vegetation overgrowth.

Look forward to seeing where you go with this!