Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Dante- Dementus praecox

Name: Dementus

Race: Human

Class Stalker / Warlord

Personality: Schizophrenic disorder (he's in a inner fight with his artifact)

Artifact: Old ancient wire that was a piece of the old machines. He uses it as a puppet master (read more in the story xD)
The little puppet mad of wire is representing his puppet master ability and he uses him as a bait for his enemies

Story: Dementus was a soldier, but as soon the Machines started up to awake again, some old wire of an old ancient strong machine caught dementus eye and he started to
hear a voice telling him to wrap this wire around his arm, to become the most powerful soldier. So he started to wrap the wire around him, but suddenly it took control
over him and started to wrap around his arm and face, he started to dislike it but he couldn't take it of, he lost control over his body and the so wire took over him.
It also got formed into a little puppet that is representing the old robot itself...

he started to kill anything what came near to him, friends family anybody. but dementus himself didn't gave up, so he became powerful enough to gather back control over his
wire body...

and now seeking for revenge, so he started to kill any robot or enemy that is coming into his way.
he also tries to find a way to get rid of the wire, so he started his quest to find the main ancient weapon that destroyed the robots his enemies, his wire or even himself before
he loses control again over his body....

Side note: He uses his little puppet as a bait and then he the wire wraps around his enemies and hes taking over control over them or he just stabs and strangles his enemies to death

Update: April 5th

69222745qv1.jpg

Let's Rock and WAR!!!

xD

edit: hey guys,

i hoe u gonna be very critic, because i just started to study game art and I would like to improve as much as possible!!!

edit: i have just deletet my big story, its just tooooo long xD

Replies

• Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my charackter:

stalker

dark/void user

charackteristics: schizophrenic psyco assassin with adiction to let stuff explode and a big collector of metalljunk like armor or other pieces

has little minions

artifakt: mask that represents greentooth, gives him stealth and crazyness
  • 3DLam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DLam polycounter lvl 14
    Hey Daniel,

I like the thumb on the bottom right the best. More!! Less writing, more drawing!!!
  • Salvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with Mr.Lam, more drawing less writing, otherwise..cool concept..you just have to sell it by communicating all those details visually.
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so here we go, some thumbs... i got more but i wanna do them like those two and put several designs on the overall bodytype...

hey guys please be very critical, I'm new here and I want to improve...

so I'm looking to your crits!

postihw1.jpg
  • BlackB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ha i like the bottom 3rd one!!!
    its looking crazy and mad....
    cant wait to see whats coming
  • Randommonkies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the very 1st one is my fav, Really strong, threatening looking silouette.
  • richkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richkid polycounter lvl 13
    holy shit that is a lot of info. i cant even fill out half of those about my self, or did you just copy and paste that off of his myspace profile?

i like the bottom middle one, its very slasher meets mage
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i thought already that my info is to much xD

no i love to do rpg stories and play tabletopgames, so im cinda used to it to build up characktersheets and storys etc

but i think its better just to remove it, if people still like to read my rpg i can post it again or maybe do a link to my text or so...

but thanks for your comment richkid!!!
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol i just looked now at the trailer of slasher, its a german movie and im german, hmm are all german psycos?! xD

thanks for mentioning it richkid, have to get the movie as ref and look trhue if there is something inspirationaly to find...
  • CyberMoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey Dante,

I really like the selection of choices. Very mysterious and dangerous looking opponents indeed!
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here we go next concept piece, still not the 100% where i want to have my character but i think it's getting closer. I wanna go away from the total fantasy creature like, because its post apocalyptic and we are in year 4000 something, so i thought of a more mad max meets magic character, but the magic is still missing xD

so pleaaase help me out guys laugh.gif

i was now to lazy to paint the polycount sign into my char :S, so please don't rip my head of laugh.gif
    dementuslr0.jpg
  • BlackB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice man !!
    fist thing i see is the proportions make the legs longer!!
    and maybe re size the spikes~~ otherwise not bad not bad~ its coming along~
  • corrosion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rat monster ... 3000 polys .. rat monster with TNT ... priceless!!!
    I'm digging that little rat monster as a pet/artifact. If you make him look as bizarre and demented as the owner you are set for stardom!
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i have to apologize like anything, i got really abstinent and a bit frustrated with my character i started to dislike my whole design and tried hard to figure out what it was, so i kinda started over again and as i see it was actually a bit late for a redesign especially for me, because its my first zbrush-highpoly ever and I'm a bit slow, but i still didn't give up and so I'm still working on my shit...

I have made a little documentation (snapshots) how my design started to develop and I'm gonna post them right now... so please don't be to hard on me if i didn't posted all the time... :(

corrision and blackb , thx man for your reply!!!

corrison your comment actually let me started to think a lot about my character :D so i gave him a little pet, but because i didn't had enough time and skills its a new little invention... its a wire puppet instead of a rat, but hope its gonna be bad ass enough xD
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well but lets stay in order of my progress:

First thing i did i fixed my proportions, thx blackb :)

and i started to draw a bad minion and it gave me my final idea about his artifact.

Its a dark void gauntlets which he can use to control anything what is able to move. its like a telekinesis gauntlets with magic wire thats gonna wrap around his enemies, so he can control them...

48854571ny6.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i started the basemesh and first proxy, but i started directly to dislike the character, cause something was missing or wrong in his silhouette or story i still don't know what it is but i still dislike it xD

83520327vs1.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but i still didn't gave up on his idea so i still modeled more pieces onto him and this was his final stage before i stated to rethink about his whole lookalike

86310666sj7.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i started a new sketch and tried to figure out what it was, so i took his silhouette and started to play with his proportions and i first though, what if his gauntlets is taking over his body like a disease and pumps it up

but then i saw somebody on polycount doing it already something like that :S so i screwed that

52105768eu7.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i started to skecht more and more but ill post my final thumbnail

his new story: Dementus was a soldier, but as soon the Machines started up to awake again, some old wire of an old ancient strong machine caught dementus eye and he started to hear a voice telling him to wrap this wire around his arm, to become the most powerful soldier. So he started to wrap the wire around him, but suddenly it took control over him and started to wrap around his arm and face, he started to dislike it but he couldn't take it of, he lost control over his body and the so wire took over him. It also got formed into a little puppet that is representing the old robot itself...

he started to kill anything what came near to him, but dementus himself didn't gave up, so he became powerful and started to gather control over his wire body...

and now seeking for revenge he started to kill any robot or enemy that is coming into his way, he also tries to find a way to get rid of the wire, so he needs to find the main ancient weapon that destroyed the robots.

He uses his little puppet as a bait and then he the wire wraps around his enemies and hes taking over control over them or he just stabs and strangles his enemies to death

57108356tb0.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and now I'm posting a time line how the base mesh started to develop

85597451dr1.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i started my first zbrush pass

79030049do7.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i did my first wire test and its actually a pain in the ass... but hey :D learning by doing xD

74354952vj9.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i did couple more zbrush passes and i adjusted the wire i like to have

75986451fb5.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i did more zbrush passes and started to do my little wire puppet

his head is gonna be the polycount face

46002795bt8.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    after that the boots were one of my big attentions...

74587805bg0.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then more gear came and i did more zbrush passes xD

95175022ag7.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i just, made his wire a bit in action just to develop my ideas

23931496bg4.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then i played with colors just to develop my ideas about colors on him...

69222745qv1.jpg
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updates gonna follow today or tomorrow...