Replies

• snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Concept story:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sial
    Clericon: High-priestess of Lunaserene. (7th Planet in the Artemis system of the Polycount Nebula)

One thousand years since The Cleansing.
    One hundred years since the Worm Hole Wars began.
    Lunaserene has tried to maintain peace and neutrality in the wars. The results have cost them dear. Their pride has suffered. The people have suffered. The wormhole has been silent for 10 standard years (one local year) but recently the pulses began. Some rapid, some slow. And they have been progressively increasing. Lunaserene had been watching carefully, ready for an invasion from the other planets... still suffering from the recent wars their defenses were meager but enough to postpone their aggressors, at least the ones they were aware of.
    The attack came swift and brutal. The pulses changed. They became rapid and more violent. In mere moments the horror was unleashed. The portal burst forth, metal beasts poured from the ragged hole. The defenses were not prepared.

One month has passed. The world of Lunaserene became a battle ground. A battle ground littered with the bodies of the innocent. The machines have withdrawn for now. Lunaserene has survived... barely. Less than 5% of the population remains.

The time has come for a decision. High-priestess Sial must journey through the gaping portal and put an end to the machines before they are allowed to spread to other worlds. She journeys to the ancient temples to recover the artifact her ancestors laid to rest one thousand years earlier. Her pilgrimage has been long. Her rituals intense. She walks forward and opens the ancient lock. The power is blinding. She falls to the ground, her eyes white and useless. She stands and grips the artifact. She turns and walks out of the temple, the light guiding her to the destiny she has prepared for...
    Yet she is truly unprepared...

[/ QUOTE ]

random bits:
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Getting sort of a Queen Amidala vibe, which is not a bad thing mind you, I loved her ornate wardrobe and style.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rough idea of pose and lots of flowing bits. (im reaaaaally bad at the whole silhouette thumbnail approach...)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/snemmy/DomWar3/rough.jpg

[edit for le suck]
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    the silhouette looks pretty cool to me...got a lot of shapes pushing it!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    had a *little* time to work on some thumbnails tonight. the digital thumbs just dont work well for me. -_-;;

domwar3_concepts.jpg

not nearly enough flowy bits, scrolls, bells and babbles in the thumbs wink.gif

the artifact will be a large glaive/polearm type weapon
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Nice but it needs more shape, make more cloth and armor
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    plodding along... trying some different outfit styles.. still need a lot more. (goal is 9-12 more tonight, maybe not so detailed/variations of what ive got already)
    domwar3_concepts_2.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    domwar3_concept_02.jpgdomwar3_concept_03.jpgdomwar3_concept_04.jpg

some kinda crappy scans.. (no access to make-pretty software atm).

playing with the idea of using beads as the artifact. beads that harm her when used, having scars on her arms.

still going with the idea of a cultured civilization. just because it is "post-apocalyptic" doesnt mean you have to be a bunch of uncivilized uncultured uncouth barabarians..
    *looks down the list* tongue.gif

in that vein ive been looking at a lot of references from Asian/Indian cultures. places where culture thrived 'without [advanced] technology'. and in particular fashion styles that do not focus on the form of the body as the overlaying form of fashion. im trying to work with layers and forms that are not 'biomorphic', i.e. forms that are basically bulkier version of muscle groups.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I've got her to where I want. Should be able to start on the mesh after this weekend. (Spring Break WOO!)

DW3_concept_05.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally some mesh progress. Being out of Max and 3d in general for 2 years has been a bit of an uphill battle but I'm getting over the crest now. smile.gif

DW3_mesh_00.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last i get to work on her until sometime after Sunday. Going to Chicago. WOOT! laugh.gif

DW3_mesh_01.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh... Running out of time and so far behind. :(
    sial_bleh.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Running out of time... Too much class work and GA work... Dunno if I can even make it through the unwrapping stage....

sial_bleh_02.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    but it´s looking nice so far :)
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin wrote: »
    but it´s looking nice so far :)

Thanks. :)
    I'm trying hard but it feels like I'm fighting an uphill battle.... And that hill is Everest......

Latest... The hair is making go into fits. *insert old bearkub fit graemlin*
    sial_bleh_03.jpg
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My last hurrah.. I am so burned out from classes and my GA work and this has taken up so much of my semester for a class that I have to move on if I want to get anything else done..
    And I was so close this time to finishing. I just do not have the energy.
    So with a bow, I leave the battlefield.
    T_T

I will work on her more.. but later...

sial_bleh_04.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter