Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - RazorBladder - Mortua-Nata

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
- 15th March 02:32 AM

More progress on Mortua's torso and the initial sculpt of the wing.

dw3_mortuasculpt3.jpg

dw3_wingsculpt1.jpg

- 13th March 01:39 AM

Update on the Mortua and the foetus.

dw3_mortuasculpt2.jpg

dw3_babysculpt1.jpg

- 10th March 06:13 AM

dw3_mortuasculpt1.jpg

Basemesh of Mortua is complete, sculpting has begun.
More progress on the head and the baby to follow shortly!

- 7th March 12:55 AM

dw3_babysculpt.jpg

Sculpting of the baby has begun.

- 23rd February 10:49 AM

A Quick colour scheme composition, not entirely happy still.

dw3_design1colour.jpg

- 22nd February 09:57 PM

A few designs of this character's cape, still got a few more to draw up.

dw3_capedesign1.jpg

My eyes are giving me grief at the moment (w00t w00t for blinding headaches).
So I thought it'd be best I got the background information of this character sorted out.

Name : Mortua-Nata

Class: Invoker

Artifact: Stillborn imbued with Dark Magic of the Void.

Background:

A solitary species that calls a dying moutainous planet home. Evolution has granted them the gift of gender morphing in order to survive due to the decline in their numbers.
During a ritual of consummation, a burning meteor could be seen, piercing through the clear black of night. An inquisitive soul stalked the trail of the meteor and was exposed to a rivetting sense of vertigo as it fell to the ground before a waking alien entity.

A fine black mass of swirling energy spewed out from it's mouth, pursuing it's way ever nearer to the native's maternal beating heart. In a single moment, the native writhed in an intense pain as it could feel it's un-born clawing out from the inside. The baby was of a different colour and form, dispoiled by the alien entity. She held up the baby, it's face was haunting. The umbilical cord writhed on the floor like a leech begging for sustenance, it violently fused itself with the mother's naval. As she let out a great cry, dark energy channeled from the baby and mutated through her left arm and spewed from the palm of her hand, poisoning and contorting all that it touched.

- 19th February 08:02 PM

dw3_design1c.jpg

Quick start on the design of his/her/it's wings once they're spread. Pretty basic right now, working on making them visually appealing now.

This is just a quick composition slap up of the foetus and the wings.

When posed properly this character will cradle the foetus in it's right arm, channeling the magic from the foetus with it's left arm outstretched, hand facing opponents.

- 19th February 12:37 AM

Ok here's a proper update.
I've decided to make this a... hermaphrodite type thing!

Richkid gave me an idea when he posted in Gauss's 2D thread about sacrificing their children to the Green Tooth.

So that's what I've done with this character, the artifact will be it's stillborn, attached via umbilical cord from naval to naval. This Foetus is imbued with the Dark Magic invoked by the Almighty GreenTooth in Gauss's painting.

dw3_design1b.jpg

dw3_artifact1.jpg

That'll do for today smile.gif

- 18th February 02:05 PM

dw3_design1_head.jpg

Quick orthos of the head, not entirely happy, will keep workin on it.

- 17th February 10:54 PM

dw3_design1.jpg

One possible design down, obviously I'd be doing major tweaks to the proportions.

- 17th February 02:15 AM

Hookin up my thread, hurray for a weeks holliday laugh.gif

Replies