Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vampiric Priest

With exams and course changes at school, it's been hard to find the time to do any work, but now that things have settled down, I have managed to work on a new character.

He's a vampiric priest, and is also one of the first portfolio pieces that I intend to finish and display. His backstory is that he was once a peaceful priest, but, bitten by a vampire, slowly changed into a macabre, hellish creature.

vampireheadhighxo6.png

This is the high-poly head sculpt which I'll later use to bake the normal map from.

vampireheadlownz2.png

The low-poly cage is still a bit wonky, but I'll be adding a few more loops and fixing up some of the less-than-pretty geometry. I'm trying to keep this under 1,000 polygons, which shouldn't prove very difficult.

doodadshighit6.png

Some of the doodads and clothing accessories.

vampirebodyhighqe6.png

The body, which will sadly, mostly be covered by his cassock. I'm considering creating multiple costumes, however, so it may be used eventually.

All of these images are still very much a work-in-progress, so any and all ideas and criticisms for the final piece would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for looking, everyone.

Replies