Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

first post YAY!

yo wats up! Dude there r soooo many awesome 3D artists here I am not worthy!......Anyway here's a character model i did for my self not too long ago. It's an original character, modelled from scratch using maya hope u like it, I know its not as good as alot of the models here but I'll post it anyway

everett.jpgeverett3.jpgeverett2.jpg

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome aboard...
    The model looks pretty cool. My only recommendation would be to lengthen the torso a bit, or shorten the legs. The proportions seem odd right now.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    sherrell Welcome! Nice work, I think you should put some more work into the sword and its material, it doesn't look sharp, actually it looks like grainy plastic.

Put up wires and texture flats and maybe a render with a lighter background, because black backrounds you can hide lots of ugly stuff :P you can model well but I think you need to spend more time with the textures.

I like the design of him, keep it up! smile.gif
  • sherrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    now that I look at it ur right thanx
  • sherrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya I actually had a hard time to be honest with the sword material, I kept playing with it but couldnt get it right.

Ya ill try to post some wireframes ill have to remember how XD and i would put the texture maps but each piece is seperate sooo each one has its own texture map. I really appreciate the crit though this is wat i needed thanx