Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

dead_eye

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
dead_eye_004.jpg

I have to take a break from working on "Dead Eye", my zombie-hunting old-west cowboy so I can catch up on some homework. With the dominance war coming in 2 days I forsee this project getting shelved for a little while.

The whole thingis under 5K tris, and is still seperated into multiple maps. I am having problems with alpha maps displaying correctly in the MAYA viewport (i think it may be my graphics card), so some of those edges (especially on the hat and jacket) are overly sharp. mad.gif

Replies

• Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    You might want to try a SuperPNG file type to fix your alpha displaying issue. The SuperPNG auto loads your alpha/ Transparency when you load your color/diffuse texture (which is a SuperPNG file type) and displays it nicely in your view port. It is a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. Just do a Google search and you will find it. If it doesn't work at least it will save you from clicking twice to load a transparency map.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it!

You need to work on his spec, he has the same level of shine even on different materials.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice. His feet look a bit small though. And he seems to have lost his ass frown.gif
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going to give SuperPNG a shot -- i'll do almost anything toget rid of this stupid alpha artifacting *shadey eyes*

I havn't really addressed the spec yet -- I'm going to plop him into the Unreal 3 Editor when he is done and then make some maps smile.gif But I totally agree -- he looks like he is wearing pleather ><

Jaco -- thanks man! I totally didn't even notice that >< In his next appearance he shall have assage > : )
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tried superPNG -- I am pretty convinced it is my video card. I have a GForce 7950 GX2, and it has never quite worked right. It's the dual 512 card ... every driver set I have ever used is wonky. Thanks for the tip tho! I love this format smile.gif