Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

my first trip into zbrush land..

Hi all, my first post here, so im sorry if this is not the right place to post this.
Ive been using zbrush for 2 days now and this is as what ive got so far, i made the base models in c4d.
Comments always welcome, i would particularly love to hear comments from a pro 3d artist.

decca_zbrush.jpg
mount_zbrush.jpg
zbrush_demon.jpg

Replies

• TheCollect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i love that dagger, it game out super sick, like some thing from a tripped out version of legacy of kane...very very nice, looks like ur a natural =-D
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    Hey, welcome to the wonderful world of ZBrush.....
    Looks like your off to a good start. Just remember that your first few ZBrush models are gonna be experiments and learning opportunities, so play around with some of the features (brushes, alphas, stencils, projection master etc.) Maybe see how many polys your computer can handle as well. I've found that the higher res my models, the more unstable ZBrush gets. So try to find where that point is for you. Not that you may have that sort of issue, but maybe something to look out for. And no matter what you are sculpting, always try to have some good reference. Greyscale reference may be better than color pics as the color can distract from the values/form of the subject.

As for your models, looks like your off to a good start. On your monster guy, maybe try doing some anatomy studies on that guy. Musculature, maybe some insect like anatomy, or whatever. The Lizard has a pretty good overall feel. Get some references and try to fine tune it. Looks good. The dagger seems like you took the same approach to sculpting the whole thing all over. Try to refine your approach a bit. Not that I'm any sort of badass ZBrush sculptor.....that's just my humble opinion.
    Every model you do will be noticeably better than the last, so keep it up. You'll have the hang of it in no time. Good luck.