Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Fighter WIP

Hello,

Been working on this girl on and off for awhile now and figured it was about time to start showing it and get some feedback.

This is her current Hi-Poly state. I wanted to go for a urban street fighter, in the end I want to give her a big ol' Stinger missle type of weapon.

I was thinking I might add in some knee pads, and a large satchel around her waist that could hold some rockets. Some personalized elements on the jacket would be nice too, maybe some patches and what not.

Although it wasn't intentional she reminds me alot of some of the old GI Joe toys I used to have when I was growing up.

Anyways, any comments or crits are always appreciated.

Girl-Body.jpg
Girl-Head.jpg

-wurzbach

Replies

• StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man! I'm loving the details, especially the hair is very nice.

The mouthcloth looks very tight and uncomfortably stretchy though, like it's sealed in plastic or something. Perhaps some nice folds where the trousers go in the pants, now it just stops as if the trousers are just too short.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    wow, looks great so far. knee pads could be neat, and currently the knee folds look a little too tight for the way she is standing.

reminds me of a female brawler from something like streets of rage. keep it up!
  • Cheshire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great Sculpting! Mind sharing your hair secrets? I'd love to know how you got it so clean.

The only crit i have thats not mentioned above is the ear seems sorta long and also flat compared to alot of your other sculpting i see there.

Great Stuff!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that's some high quality work. Thanks for showing.
  • The_Phantom_Tophat
    Hi thanks for the comments.

I roughed in some kneepads. I like the way the bands go around her legs, but I think the pads are a bit too big for my liking. So I'll need to tweak them a little.

I gave her some longer pants too, but they didn't work to well once the kneepads were added, so I tucked what she had into her boots. Now I gotta tie her shoes though frown.gif

StJoris: Thanks! I see what you mean about the mask. I widened some of the ares out a bit, but I was going for something close fitting, similar to Magatsu from Blade of the Immortal or GIJoe's Stormshadow

MaskRef.jpg

bounchfx: Yeah those pants are a little tight. I messed around with the knee area some. Mainly to add in the kneepads, but I think I'll widen the pants slightly

Cheshire: Good call on the ear, it is real flat. I made a few changes that should round it out a bit and make it less tall. Hmmm as for the hair, I'll post up some quick images about how I tackled that problem.

Girl-KneePads.jpg

Girl-Ears.jpg

-wurzbach
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks really good, the only crit that I have is that the face could be a bit more shapely, maybe deepen the eye sockets a bit.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Something seems off about her ass. I can't tell if the cheeks need to taper more towards the hips, or if the pockets are too far towards the center, and making the cheeks seem wrong.
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    that hair is bangin'! super clean work smile.gif

I would watch the upper area of the eye socket -- it looks overly fleshy. Needs just a little more eyelid + hint at the bone structure of the brow ridge smile.gif
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Very impressive sculpting smile.gif Looks a bit like a Naruto-ified version of Alyx Vance. Great use of the LazyMouse with the hair. If you have time, try adding a bit of volume to the different hair sections. It might be your intention, but it looks a bit flat right now.

The straps on the knee pads seem like they sink into her pants as if the pants were made out of clay. It's especially noticable at the front where the buckles are, and the fabric follows the contours. Same goes for the elbow pads, I think.

Great work, though smile.gif
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I say goddamnnnnn son. Very nice work here. I agree with the comments about the general situation with the pants and straps. Also the hair being sliighttllyyyy flat. Looks great, but will look like her hair is glued down. Give it a little volume and ill go weeeeeee!
  • The_Phantom_Tophat
    Wow those are some great crits. I haven't had the time to work on her the last few days, but I'm hoping to have some time a bit later on tonight to address some of these issues.

Thanks guys!
  • vividly_pathetic
    Wow, that's lookin' pretty neat :up:
  • sherrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey fellow Canadian nice work im really digging it, althought I think her butt looks like shes squeezing her cheeks together, very tense in the butt lol
  • The_Phantom_Tophat
    Hey thanks guys smile.gif

Sherrel: Hello, I'm actually not a canadian frown.gif I'm american, I just happen to have been working in Edmonton the past 3 years. Don't hold it against me though, Canada is awesome.

Made a few fixes, all are pretty minor. Fixed up some of the knee problems that East brought up, but now I'm not to thrilled about some of the wrinkles in the front of her pants, so I'll have to look into that. Messed around with her ass a bit, it looks a bit less tense, and I moved the pockets some, lemmie know what you think.

I worked on her eye sockets some adding definition from the nose to eyebrows and to her eyelids. Made some tweaks to the fullness of her hair too, although they're pretty subtle so I might need to exaggerate that.

I'm going start working on a weapon for her next. Although I'm sure I'll be tweaking this and that on her too.

Girl-HeadRevision.jpg

Girl_LegRevision.jpg
  • sherrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya the butt is less tense now I kinda like the pant folds I think if u add anymore folds it will be too cluttered.

And thats cool I got a friend that works in edmonton for Bioware Corp.
  • chip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    Her butt's got a nice shape but is kinda small for a woman, the width is OK for a slim girl, but the gluteus muscles have more vertical size than that, even in some men. Right now it looks like the bottom of her butt-cheeks are level with or slightly higher than her crotch, when they more accurately are lower.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    chip seconded - more booty love
    it feels tightly squeezed, relax it, make it more "pillowy", spank it twice on both sides and good to go
  • sherrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol yes it must be spankable
  • The_Phantom_Tophat
    Small update,

Thanks chip and shotgun, yeah I seem to be working on her ass a lot, made some more tweaks to that area.

Reworked her ass, I hope it's more spankable. Went in search of some new reference, I lowered it down some and added in some wrinkles so it won't look super tight.

I also started work on her weapon. I went with an RPG-7, they're pretty recognizable. I think I might change the dimensions some, there's a few elements in it that look kinda boring. Found a bunch of reference for these, but still looking for some with good resolution, if anyone knows a good weapon site, I'd love to see it.

As always comments or crits are always welcome smile.gif

sherrell: Yeah thats where I'm working too, Mass Effect ftw
    Girl_LegRevision02.jpg

RPGwip.jpg
  • chip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    Her fanny looks a lot better, well within the range of variation for a slim gal, but here's aomething to consider also (not recommending a change, just a little booty lesson wink.gif):

bootylessonro9.jpg

In general, a woman's waist, defined by the start of the recurve of the torso as it widens across the pelvic girdle, begins higher than a man's, not far below the ribcage. Lots of variation in this for sure, but true in general. Your current model is on the left. In the other two, I raised the apparent waistline a bit, which adds some vertical volume to the gluteus area as well as bringing a more "classic" shape. You can leave the belt-line at the waist (middle pic) or drop it to "low-rider" position (right).

This affects the model front & back, of course, so it may not be a way you want to go, just something to consider.

The midi-cut bomber jacket is really cool btw, best feature on the whole model imo.