Home Technical Talk

Max viewport quirk

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
oobersli polycounter lvl 17
So, i've switched from softward, opengl and direct3d and it just seems that max 9 viewports are screwed for me. I've got a nvidia 8600 gt vid card. If i turn it to software then it gives me fucked up streching of textures and crap in the viewports. I do the other two and it just turns the viewport(s) all white when I rotate, move.

Any ideas what the hell this is? Oh, and I'm running vista too.

fuckeduprw1.jpg

Replies

• thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I had this and it fucked me right off. Eventually one morning it fixed itself.. by updating to max 9.

HOWEVER.. on the shortcut to max.. right click, properties, compatibility -> disable desktop composition

That should fix it.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    If thnom's suggestion doesn't resolve it, try disabling aero as that causes a similar problem in vista with XSI
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    ok, well that works, what thnom said to to. but...... that goes off and screws up photoshop to be all laggy again! It all started when I turned aero on so that photoshop wouldn't be so laggy....... Any ideas of how to get to a middle ground? Its either a nice running max and crappy ps, or smooth ps and craptacular max.. I love vista :P