Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

wip character for a unreal 3 mod

here is a wip character for an unreal 3 mod. i went off of a find leo thunder jr's model sheets...critiqueupdated-wire.jpgwip-so-far-lupine.jpg

Replies

• BassAckwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is an update with hands and such crit would be great...wip-so-far-lupine-new.jpg
  • McKertis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its...hard to say what you're going for exactly. Explain a little about this char.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    I like the proportions... but I do have to say it looks more canine than lupine.
  • BassAckwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this character is a dog man the premise of the game is that the nae (north American empire is knocking out terrorist rebel organizations in south America to control the last continent to form a new world order... and the south Americans have found a way to genetically fuse with k-9's to enhance their physical attributes such as speed strength stealth..etc...there are 5 classes grunt, alpha, scout, heavy, demo.... the dogman faction is going to appear pieced together (ammo and weapons) making or aquiring weaponry from opposing forces... the nae is a futuristic millitart force that has the same 5 classes but with different weaponry... the actual story behind the game is awesome although it sounds corny there will be a website up hopefully in a few months...but ill keep things posted on poly count....if youd like to here more about the actual back story id be more then happy to obtain it from my team member and post it....thanks for the feed back guys its much appriciated
  • El Z0rR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    where the hand attaches to the wrist looks a bit odd to me.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    It's a decent start so far Travis. I'm assuming you're trying to get a solid base down to sculpt from? I'd also recommend posting the concept of Leo's to get some better critiques, and to give him some pimpage. :]

Dunno where you're going with the feet there. If I remember correctly, he's barefoot. From what I can remember, those are leg/arm wraps you're putting in there. If so...they need to be thinner and not so symmetrical. I'd recommend possibly modeling those out separately. Overall proportions look good, but I have to second El Z0rR there on the oddly attached wrists.

Keep it up man. :]
  • BassAckwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the model sheet that i did the model off of done by my friend Leo Thunder Jr(for more on the artist check his site out at www.thunderstormart.com)or checkout his deviant art which is www.leojr.deviantart.com.... i was about to start building on the clothing but as i said i had to trade my model off to another character modeler on the lupine team for reference....more to come soon for the other faction as well as this factionlugrunt_modelsheet_04.jpg
    lupine.jpg
  • Legion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Legion polycounter lvl 11
    Seems quite interesting I'll keep my eye on it.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    if you dont mind me asking what mod is it for?
  • BassAckwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we are calling it cinder for now.....we are working on getting a website right now....since it is kind of a school oriented project we are trying to get money out of them for a website...
  • BassAckwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was moved from the lupine faction team (dog characters) to the NAE fraction team(North American Empire)so here is a model I did for the Base BDU(Modelsheet done by Eric Dolphin) brainfog.deviantart.com... Questions comments?
    updated-Nae.jpg
    NAE-Grunt-Profile.jpgNAE-Grunt-Front.jpgNAE-Grunt-Back.jpg