Home General Discussion

Moving to the Netherlands

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nkoste polycounter lvl 18
Just thought I'd share.

After finishing 5 and half months internship at LEGO I'm moving to the Netherlands to study one semester at the Utrecht school of arts. I'll be studying game design in the nearby town Hilversum. I'm already set up with appartment. I look forward to trying the local brews and living dutch. Hopefully I'll get some school projects to pimp later on also. Polycount need game pimps too smile.gif

Any polycounters know of this school or live in the area?

Replies

• StJoris
    Awesome, I'm sure you'll love it here!
    Have heard about that school in Utrecht, I know some guy who lives there, I'll ask him about it.
    Do drop by some time aye, when you get the chance, party at my place. I live in Delft, which is about an hour away from Utrecht.
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Eck,good luck.
  • Michael Knubben
    Don't be a filthy heathen, and stay away from the local brews. Heineken is piss.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    My bro went to the Netherlands a few years back and Heineken tastes slightly more refined actually.
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    I lived there close to two years and the Heinekin is different thats for sure. Back in the states it has a skunk like flavor that is non exsistant in Holland,dont know why. But i liked it better in Holland but eventually it gets old.

I personally like to mix up a little bit a beer with a little bit of Dutch flowers. I miss those weekends in spring sitting by a canal in Amsterdam with a nice beer in one hand and a fat spliff in the other.
  • Rens
    haha, you got it all right pea.

lets go have some reall beer some time, i live 10 min from the center of utrecht smile.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i used to live round the corner from you then Rens, as i lived in Nieuwegein for about 2 years blush.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    I don't live in Holland anymore, Rens. Used to though, and the closest thing to proper beer they had was hertog-Jan, which tasted slightly like Stella. Still though, very few decent Abbey-beers there. And the only 'official' one's a white-beer (which is quite nice, really)
    Nieuwegein eh, Gir? Ever heard Spinvis? laugh.gif
  • nkoste
    Offline / Send Message
    What I'm looking forward to is to eat those greasy krokets from FEBO and pommes frites with mayonnaise. I'm probably gonna gain some kilos while there. Also I'm half dutch, so I'm going to try and learn the language while there. I figure it'd be good for entertainment and then of course I can speak dutch with my family.

een kroket met mosterd dankje.

In general I just like beer,but heiniken you can get pretty much anywhere so not planning on drinking that... Hertog Jan yes!

The school I've heard has a good rep. The game design institute, I don't know about. Whether it's good or not I'm gonna give it my best.

Maybe I'll see some of you guys there. Rens are you in art school and if which one?
  • Rens
    i do multi media design at the Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht,

that school has a good rep, but it sucks ball xD
    i hardly learned anything there in the last 3 years...
    they provide a pc and just let us go,

i already decided to quit, mainly because of rsi problems, making it imposible to finish projects.

lets go to stairway to heaven sometime, its nice bar in the city,
  • kwakkie
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    I heard it is a pretty decent school! One of the projects made there got turned into a wii game!(The Blob/De Blob). A guy from work went to school there and he seems to know what he's talking about so it can't be THAT bad! laugh.gif Anyway, I dont know where youre from but if you are from the US, Im pretty sure you will LOSE some weight, the food here is much healthier!(IE: a 'large' menu @ mac Donalds would be a 'medium/small' menu in the US wink.gif). WELCOME!!!!
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    What I'm looking forward to is to eat those greasy krokets from FEBO and pommes frites with mayonnaise. I'm probably gonna gain some kilos while there. Also I'm half dutch, so I'm going to try and learn the language while there. I figure it'd be good for entertainment and then of course I can speak dutch with my family.

een kroket met mosterd dankje.

In general I just like beer,but heiniken you can get pretty much anywhere so not planning on drinking that... Hertog Jan yes!

The school I've heard has a good rep. The game design institute, I don't know about. Whether it's good or not I'm gonna give it my best.

Maybe I'll see some of you guys there. Rens are you in art school and if which one?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh fuck, Krokets laugh.gif

and frikkandelen!!! god i miss dutch food frown.gif
  • nkoste
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. I'm leaving in two hours, so just a quick reply

Rens: cool I'll see you there! Stairway to heaven, lol. We can have some good times, bad times and hopefully get a whole lotta love.

Thanks for the info Kwakkie. I'm danish so the menus are probably the same. Not planning on living healthy though.

Gir I'll have a kroket on you. I've been missing them too wink.gif